SS Radio #94: TRT, PSA, and You with Kieth Nichols and Scott Howell SS Radio #94: TRT, PSA, and You with Kieth Nichols and Scott Howell

starting strength gym

Thread: SS Radio #94: TRT, PSA, and You with Kieth Nichols and Scott Howell

Default SS Radio #94: TRT, PSA, and You with Kieth Nichols and Scott Howell

• starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021

Great interview, and it couldn't have come at a better time for me. I have been in denial about my health for too long and this just pushed me over the edge.
    Thanks for putting this out there.

Thanking you "for a friend".

Yeah, me too, Cheese. My friend's getting his blood tested tomorrow at 0830.

Yeah my friend is meeting with his Dr/endocrinologist next week to start a TRT trial... mind you said Dr did recommend against a trial, hope he still “allows” it.

I just got my results back, and my GP says I am "within the lower end of the normal range" at 12 nmol/L, therefore, all she would do for me is to invite me back for a repeat blood test in 4 months.

I asked if I am supposed to live with all of the intensely negative symptoms which I had already outlined. She laughed nervously and said, in that case, she would agree to see in only three months' time - not four. Only three months of depressive moods and a lack of thumos.

Fuck that.

GPs are like waitresses so much of the time, only they never deserve a tip.

starting strength coach development program
    I originally posted this on the General Q&A forum, but that thread seems dead.

Thank you Rip and Drs. Nichols and Howell for providing this valuable resource. Lots of great information that I am finding relevant as I turn 60 in a few short months.

Aside from getting testosterone checked, I would recommend guys get a sleep test to see if they might need a CPAP machine. My mood and energy levels have certainly increased since I've been using one, and my wife is also sleeping better as my snoring is not keeping her awake anymore. Getting my hypothyroidism under control also contributed to a better outlook on life.

A couple of questions.

If I wanted to go the TRT route, what would I look for in finding a reputable clinic? I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area if that means anything. In May of 2020 my total testosterone was measured as 353 and free testosterone calculated as 60 and I'm not really sure I'm a candidate for treatment.

Also, when, if ever, is treatment indicated for prostate cancer and how is that point decided?

Thanks again for this and all the other outstanding podcasts you provide.