starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady causing a rethinking?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I would estimate that Brady’s ability to avoid injury can be attributed to great instinct and situational awareness.
    Last edited by Soule; 02-09-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Bucs fan here..... Brady is great bc he's an obsessive perfectionist, and demands his teammates do the same. He's a freak mentally, and from a preparation standpoint.

As a bucs fan, I don't care if he dances ballet with a tutu while singing Dora the explorer songs.

He is a freak.

He knows how to surround himself with the right people. He hand picked Tampa for a reason.

I want to see him truly prove himself by playing for Cleveland.

Genetics are a great thing. The only thing absolutely necessary to be good at a sport is to play the sport. Brady is not not an explosive phenom in the vertical or 40 times but he does have an above average arm which you are born with or without. Throwing the ball a million times is enough for his arm strength and being situationally aware at the qb position is something he has gone over so many times it would make the average man sick.

Tampa was the worst franchise in the history of the league.

Bosu balls, rubber bands and lots of special supplements are all you need for a successful high level football career...

This is correct... And we've got two super bowl titles.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ23 View Post
    Tampa was the worst franchise in the history of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by novicejay View Post
    He actually tried to get his linemen in New England to follow the same program but it's my understanding none of them did and they continued to lift heavy.
    Man, wouldn't it have been fun if they'd done it though? I wonder how long he'd tolerate getting pancaked every play before he told them to go back to deadlifting.

I think the short answer to the question posed in the thread title is...no. No he is not.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    Man, wouldn't it have been fun if they'd done it though? I wonder how long he'd tolerate getting pancaked every play before he told them to go back to deadlifting.
    Yes! I would like to see some guy deadlifting 300 go up against a guy deadlifting 600-700 or more, all while trying to protect a QB. I think he would find himself on the way to the hospital really quickly because he can't run fast as his 40 yard dash was about 5.3 seconds. His vertical was only 24.5 inches.

This idea that you can use bands as a lineman and still be alive after the game just does not make sense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast