starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin - again

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    SEC Commissioner Peirce Says Market Is Ready for a Bitcoin Exchange Traded Product...!

SEC Commissioner Peirce Says Market Is Ready for a Bitcoin ETP - CoinDesk

If you want to hedge against an EMP, invest in ammunition. I pussed out in the crypto bull run of 2017/18. I was risk averse and had option paralysis about the whole deal. This time I'm getting my bag. I hope some of you are able to benefit from this insanity too.

"Bitcoin has made our currency almost useless or valueless" Nigerian senate hearing.

https://twitter.com/Crypto_Daily/sta...54476456386560

It's becoming more and more common to transact in BTC in some African countries.

I held bitcoin on an exchange called Quadriga. The guy running it (Gerald Cotton) was dipping into his client's funds, and then mysteriously died in India on his honeymoon. Several hundred million dollars (at 2019 prices) were lost or were embezzled by the guy. Some people say he faked his death and is living large somewhere. I lost everything I had on that exchange and will get pennies on the dollar back from recovered funds if I get anything at all by the time the lawyers and accountants are done with it.

Sorta like this guy - Remy: Bitcoin Billionaire - YouTube

Moral of the story, if you don't hold your crypto in your own wallet, you don't own it.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post

Moral of the story, if you don't hold your crypto in your own wallet, you don't own it.
    Bingo. If you’re really sold on Bitcoin and it’s future there’s an easier and safer way to invest in it. Buy GBTC, Grayscale Bitcoin Trust. It tracks Bitcoin’s performance without the possibility of your money being stolen and you having zero recourse.

... I lost everything I had on that exchange and will get pennies on the dollar back from recovered funds if I get anything at all by the time the lawyers and accountants are done with it.
    Ouch.

I held bitcoin on an exchange called Quadriga. The guy running it (Gerald Cotton) was dipping into his client's funds, and then mysteriously died in India on his honeymoon. Several hundred million dollars (at 2019 prices) were lost or were embezzled by the guy. Some people say he faked his death and is living large somewhere. I lost everything I had on that exchange and will get pennies on the dollar back from recovered funds if I get anything at all by the time the lawyers and accountants are done with it.

Bingo. That’s the problem, the exchanges. This example is a good one, I remember that one well.
    Mount Gox is another. If you think there can never be another Mount Gox, reconsider it.
    If it’s not the exchange, it’s the wallet. I would be tremendously afraid to lose the Bitcoin wallet, that money would be unrecoverable.

To be clear, I didn't lose every thing I had in life, but all the crypto that I had on that exchange. Still, at today's prices, a significant loss.

To be clear, I didn't lose every thing I had in life, but all the crypto that I had on that exchange. Still, at today's prices, a significant loss.
    It was like buying gold bullion, leaving it on the counter at the bullion dealer and telling him to "watch my shit for me". Then driving away.

The only way is to have a hardware wallet, like one of the Trezor models. I would steer clear of Ledger until they stop leaking their customer's details.

Bitcoin is worth $50k just in time for $50k to not be worth anything

https://media.patriots.win/post/F1L8eUVl.jpeg

starting strength coach development program
    The Central Bank of Nigeria just effectively banned cryptocurrency, and so Bitcoin is trading for a 35%+ premium there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast