starting strength gym

Thread: Heel Pain

Default Heel Pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Plantar Faciilits I think it is called. I am getting this heel pain on the right foot, maybe from the wrong shoes, high arch foot or maybe I am reaching the use by date. Soon as I turned 60 the wheels started falling of the truck I have noticied.

This is what I have done so far, Iam still training I have not slackeded off and as strange as it seems it does not hurt when training only when I get up in the morning, so I have been doing some stretches for the foot and it goes away for a while. Iam going to have a look on your site and see if I can look up some info on it. Is their an old guys cure for this thing apart from a bottle of Old Parr?

What shoes do you train in? Have you been working on a ladder recently? Stretches will not help, and Old Par is cheap shitty blended whisky.

[QUOTE=Mark Rippetoe;1804107]What shoes do you train in? Have you been working on a ladder recently?

Bare feet Mark, don't like shoes. Up a ladder? Yes, a few weeks back, had to fix a gutter. Old Parr cheap, shitty? Dad use to drink that stuff, After a bottle or two can you really notice the difference from Chivas Regal?

Shoes support your plantar fascia while they are loaded. One day on a ladder is not significant. Only alcoholics drink like that, sorry about your dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Shoes support your plantar fascia while they are loaded. One day on a ladder is not significant. Only alcoholics drink like that, sorry about your dad.
    OK, if you say so then I will get the shoes out. I hate shoes. I spent 30 odd years in steel cap clod hoppers. Dad, yes well, when he came back from the war in 1945, the only counseling a lot of those lads got was smokes and alcohol, and he exceeded in both, but I don't blame him, they put up with terrible times. Thanks for the advice.