starting strength gym

Thread: Femural AND tibial LLD protocol

Default Femural AND tibial LLD protocol

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm 16 and had lower back pain from squatting and deadlifting that eventually started turning into sciatica, so I got an mri worrying that I might have herniated a disc while lifting. The results showed a healthy spine, but my ortho then noticed that my hips are laterally asymmetrical caused by a leg length discrepancy of around 2 centimeters. The doctor said that to him it looks like the difference is either femural, or a mix of femural and tibial, and soon I'm going to visit him again so he can accurately determine everything.
    I do not understand the starting strength LLD article completely. If it's a difference in femur length, am I to shim my shoe by 2cm and take a staggered stance that puts the toe of my shorter leg 2cm behind the toe of my longer leg? Wouldn't that cause the barbell to be away from the middle of the foot of the shorter leg? How can I lift maximum weight from such a position?
    What if it's a combination of difference of femur and tibia length? 1cm shim, and 1cm staggered stance (assuming that there's 1cm difference in tibias, and 1cm difference in femurs)?

A 2cm LLD needs to be shimmed if you're going to train heavy, and your lifting shoes should be correctly adjusted. The stance correction should be staggered according to the femoral part of the discrepancy, and the mid-foot issue will not be significant at that slight an adjustment.

Thanks coach, big fan of your work.