starting strength gym
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pin Fire Method for Tennis Elbow: Pull-ups instead of Chin-ups?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    What's your hourly rate?
    $500.00

Farenheit 451 happened without any help from the government in this society of fools: 6 Dr. Seuss books won'''t be published for racist images

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    $500.00

Farenheit 451 happened without any help from the government in this society of fools: 6 Dr. Seuss books won'''t be published for racist images
    They censor him for this, but not for being a pedophile. Is he not grooming children with his books?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You're really making this complicated.

I hear you! TLDR is that I just wanted to try the pin fire with pullups for my tennis elbow as chin-ups don't hurt at all (whereas pull-ups do). Since the goal in inflammation, I thought doing the exercise that set it off would be better than one that wasn't setting it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fbc91 View Post
    Lateral hip pain. I read that most cases of this were caused by glute tendinopathy, not bursitis. Is that wrong? Or would you do the same loading protocol for bursitis?
    I don’t think you can rule out bursitis. I may be wrong, but I would imagine that the friction of a tight it band over the bursa sac would irritate the fuck out of it. Your GP should be able to give you a shot to calm it down - then you can get back to fixing your squat faster.

I’m late to the party, but I used Rip’s method for both tennis and golfers elbow, and it worked.

Worked for me! Any injury is a pesky unpleasant experience, but tendonitis can go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    I’m late to the party, but I used Rip’s method for both tennis and golfers elbow, and it worked.

Did the chin-ups hurt / set-off the injury area when you did them with tennis elbow, as they don't hurt me at all, which is why I thought of pull-ups. Or you did the chin-ups reps / set without it setting off the area, and it helped clear it up despite that? How many weeks did it take you for the tennis elbow and did you keep lifting through it as well (deads, squats, shoulder presses, etc.)? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by fcwest14 View Post
    Did the chin-ups hurt / set-off the injury area when you did them with tennis elbow, as they don't hurt me at all, which is why I thought of pull-ups. Or you did the chin-ups reps / set without it setting off the area, and it helped clear it up despite that? How many weeks did it take you for the tennis elbow and did you keep lifting through it as well (deads, squats, shoulder presses, etc.)? Thank you!
    It hurt like hell. I saw improvement within the first few workouts, and progressed steadily. I continued to lift with the exception of giving up power cleans. I had only recently added them (I’m an older fuck) and believed them to have been the cause, although I may have been wrong. I don’t know if the chins not hurting means it they aren’t addressing the issue. I’d defer to my, Rip.

Finished my third week and 6th session. Got up to 13 sets of 7 and 12 sets of 6. Not feeling too much of a difference yet so will give it one more week but potentially shifting to chins. I tested some chins today and they don't even mildly hurt where the pull-ups set off the area.

starting strength coach development program
    Where does it say anything about 13 sets of 7?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast