starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nutrition questions and background

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Couple problems. First, you say you're eating 3200 calories but your reported macros come out to 2900. Second, I'm having trouble believing you're eating 300g of protein and only 30g of fat. Not saying it's impossible but it's a giant pain in the ass and not the sort of diet most people can comply with for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Couple problems. First, you say you're eating 3200 calories but your reported macros come out to 2900. Second, I'm having trouble believing you're eating 300g of protein and only 30g of fat. Not saying it's impossible but it's a giant pain in the ass and not the sort of diet most people can comply with for long.
    Yes. Troll.

The funny part is how they act dumb while giving away more information than a dumb person would. I wonder what that makes them?

RDS (Rip Derangement Syndrome)

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Still not sure why most of you assume I’m a troll, I’m merely asking for help. Much of my protein comes from whey and lean meats, hence the low fat. Also I tend to believe genetics plays a big role as my father is also underweight. Again, thanks for the feedback. Since you all think I’m trolling I will let everyone be.

~Grant

Even though people think you're a troll, the advice has been solid. Add a gallon of whole milk a day, should start seeing the scale move.

Who doesn't already know this, JJ? Trolls are not just malicious fucks like Bruno, they are people who abuse the good will of the posters here by not holding up their end of the deal: prepare before you ask a question. For example, somebody shows up and asks if there is a way to do the program without barbells. Troll. I fucked up by approving the OP, so really it's my fault.

Yeah you really haven’t watched or read anything if you don’t know what Rip is going to say if you are underweight, don’t like squats, want to run on your rest days or think the government should control the beef industry.

Basically it’s like me asking should I keep my son underweight and skinny so he can be in a better weight class. Anyone who even casually reads this forum knows what that the answer will be.

I am willing to give the kid a break, considering that a few years ago I asked a well intentioned question to the board after doing what I thought was some background research. After reading the books and getting stronger I wanted to help get my underweight sister get stronger. I was full of piss and vinegar that everyone needed to get strong whether they wanted to or not.

So I asked Rip why he won’t write a Starting Strength Women’s Edition, with a woman on the cover so that it would appeal more to women.
    Makes sense, right.....

Man was I roasted. Rightfully so. Rip and everyone the forum ruined me. It kept going page after page. Funny now looking back.
    And yes I can now apologize for asking such a dumb question, but when you dont know you dont know what you don’t know.

But within the criticism was the message that women get strong the same way as men. With my limited strength training knowledge at the time I needed to learn that the hard way and am glad I asked so that I could learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by grant_edwards View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. Still not sure why most of you assume I’m a troll, I’m merely asking for help. Much of my protein comes from whey and lean meats, hence the low fat. Also I tend to believe genetics plays a big role as my father is also underweight. Again, thanks for the feedback. Since you all think I’m trolling I will let everyone be.

~Grant
    “Merely” is the language of trolls.

starting strength coach development program
    I agree, the feedback has been excellent and I am going to start with the GOMAD method. I doubt very seriously it will make me fat, it's just not in my genes. I do think it'll help me get stronger at the lifts which is what I'm after.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast