starting strength gym

Thread: SS Radio #97: Principles, and Standing For Something, with Justin Nazaroff

Default SS Radio #97: Principles, and Standing For Something, with Justin Nazaroff

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

As a gigantic Star Trek nerd who remembers all sorts of useless factoids, I feel obligated to point out it was actually FOUR lights, the Cardassian interrogator was insisting to Picard there were 5.

...or am I just pulling the same shit he was?

Seriously though, I miss actual thought-provoking science fiction. Modern Star Trek is a terrible imitation of what came before.

It would be irresponsible to arm your enemy.

Very interesting. The speaker knows his business very well and I appreciate his rational demeanor .

Out of curiosity, do you also think that the business owner shall have the right to decide who to serve based on skin color?

This was an excellent topic to devote an episode to. I appreciated Justin's distinction between diversity and dilution (of values), when it comes to people who own guns. I noticed the clientele of the range I belong to became more diverse over the last year. But I believe most of the new clientele are the type Justin described: the gun they bought is still in the box underneath their bed, for now.

My Glock 19 is the Toyota Corolla of compact carry guns. But I can't fathom how someone can decide its 15 round capacity is too much for me, while more than that is just fine for the security details of much more important people than myself and my loved ones.

I also appreciated Nick mentioning the DryFire Mag in another thread a while back. Even before the current ammo shortage, when a box of 9MM hardball was only $16 a box, I still never shot more than 75 rounds at a time. But now that it's as high as $40 a box, I have my range routine down to 25 rounds, with more DryFire reps than live fire.

Quote Originally Posted by No insect View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you also think that the business owner shall have the right to decide who to serve based on skin color?
    That took longer than I expected. Of course. And people who do not like that have the right to not shop at my store, cost me money in lost sales, and put me out of business by calling me a racist, as you will do in your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That took longer than I expected. Of course. And people who do not like that have the right to not shop at my store, cost me money in lost sales, and put me out of business by calling me a racist, as you will do in your response.
    Not necessarily. Sounds more like an extreme interpretation of economic liberalism, in the sense of laissez-faire capitalism. We should not confuse an argument in favor of the individual business owner's right to deny service, regardless of his reasons, with agreeing with the reason itself. I.e. you can be in favor of the business owner's freedom to decide, while at the same time disagree with his underlying reasons.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by No insect View Post
    Not necessarily. Sounds more like an extreme interpretation of economic liberalism, in the sense of laissez-faire capitalism. We should not confuse an argument in favor of the individual business owner's right to deny service, regardless of his reasons, with agreeing with the reason itself. I.e. you can be in favor of the business owner's freedom to decide, while at the same time disagree with his underlying reasons.
    And make your decision to do business with him accordingly.