starting strength gym

Thread: Video: Using the TUBOW

Default Video: Using the TUBOW

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

I have two follow up questions...

1) do you only use the tubow without a barbell in warm ups or with a loaded barbell? I did with the barbell this morning and it was a bitch to get set-up correctly. I probably should not have done it that way.....

2) I have major knee cave coming out of the bottom (seeing Pete in person next week to fix). Could you also use the tubow on the inside of the leg/foot to not knock it over?

1. If I am using it as a coach, I use it unloaded and for the first warmups, but just for the first 3 reps of the set and then it's pulled away so the correction has to stick when the aid is gone.

2. If I am using it as a coach, I place it so that if the knee goes valgus it misses the block. As shown in the video.

Thank you for answering. Confirms my squat is all jacked up... Looking forward to getting it fixed.

One last follow up... Before I found my 'tubow' that I used that morning, I tried to use a small little step stool for my butt to hit on the way down, as a 'cue' to get my butt back enough.

This didn't work... One, I only hit it maybe once or twice (so my technique, again, sucks), and two when I did hit it, it offered no real helpful feedback like the tubow did.

Is there a reason why that is? I'm pretty sure I am not a special snowflake here. Maybe because I can see the tubow?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    1. If I am using it as a coach, I use it unloaded and for the first warmups, but just for the first 3 reps of the set and then it's pulled away so the correction has to stick when the aid is gone.

2. If I am using it as a coach, I place it so that if the knee goes valgus it misses the block. As shown in the video.

starting strength coach development program
    I think it's the visual aspect of using the TUBOW. You can't learn from the box under your ass because you can't see it while you feel it. The two streams of sensory input make a more powerful relearning tool than just sitting down on a box every time.