Jonathon Sullivan PhD MD SSC: Conditioning for Masters Jonathon Sullivan PhD MD SSC: Conditioning for Masters

starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Jonathon Sullivan PhD MD SSC: Conditioning for Masters

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,253

    Default Jonathon Sullivan PhD MD SSC: Conditioning for Masters

    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    • starting strength seminar october 2021

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    30,364

    Default

    A great video. I resisted the prowler for a long time, having memories of high school misery from football two-a-days during the pre-season. But I finally gave it a try and hey! Not bad at all and pretty much a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am to git 'er done. Hitting the BoB or heavy bag, as well as the speed bag are all way underrated too. I mix a bunch of other things in with these in a kind of HIIT mix of things and my VO2 Max is 37+, which is in the excellent range for geezers like me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Thanks for the video Sully. We all get a bunch of the same questions all the time and entertaining and clear videos like this are perfect for forwarding.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Hitting the BoB or heavy bag, as well as the speed bag are all way underrated too.
    What's a BoB?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    Thanks for the video Sully. We all get a bunch of the same questions all the time and entertaining and clear videos like this are perfect for forwarding.
    Hey Musser! So good to hear from you, buddy. Glad you like it and found it useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    A great video. I resisted the prowler for a long time, having memories of high school misery from football two-a-days during the pre-season. But I finally gave it a try and hey! Not bad at all and pretty much a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am to git 'er done. Hitting the BoB or heavy bag, as well as the speed bag are all way underrated too. I mix a bunch of other things in with these in a kind of HIIT mix of things and my VO2 Max is 37+, which is in the excellent range for geezers like me.
    Thanks, Mark.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    30,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    What's a BoB?
    A BoB is the flesh colored torso Sully was walloping with such abandon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Thanks for this, Sully!

    Turning 53 this year, getting ready to queue up this year's NLP. I've taken a break every winter to spend it playing in the snow, except this winter I actually have a garage gym, so I worked on maintaining intensity on each of the four main lifts at least once a week so I won't be starting from scratch. That also means that after a slight reset, I'll be starting with Program 1B, then moving rapidly through that and 1C into 1D.

    Related to your video, thanks for the very firm nudge towards reading the book. I've read the chapter, evidenced by my highlighting of scattered sentences, but had completely forgot about it until I cracked it open to see about your alternatives to the prowler (since I don't have one, nor do the globo gyms around here). I've had similar experiences with SSBBT3 and PPST3, so any time you or any of the coaches produces a video like this, it helps many of us immensely as you nudge us back into the book to absorb more.

    Thanks again!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Thanks again!
    Glad to help.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    La Jolla California
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    Sully:

    Im 51 and have a thread going right now w Rip about what causes muscle belly tears. I had been using a prowler, but pulled my calf muscles at least twice using it, so I stopped. I seem to be prone to muscle pulls and tears. I recently sustained a pec tear, which actually bled out and caused bruisng. Any input on what causes muscle belly tears?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    It does in fact seem to be the case, in my experience, that some folks are more prone to them than others. Whether this is a genetic issue (one client claims he has "weak mesoderm), technique, or (as I suspect) multifactorial, I canna say. Sorry for your trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •