starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jonathon Sullivan PhD MD SSC: Conditioning for Masters

Default Jonathon Sullivan PhD MD SSC: Conditioning for Masters

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

A great video. I resisted the prowler for a long time, having memories of high school misery from football two-a-days during the pre-season. But I finally gave it a try and hey! Not bad at all and pretty much a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am to git 'er done. Hitting the BoB or heavy bag, as well as the speed bag are all way underrated too. I mix a bunch of other things in with these in a kind of HIIT mix of things and my VO2 Max is 37+, which is in the excellent range for geezers like me.

Thanks for the video Sully. We all get a bunch of the same questions all the time and entertaining and clear videos like this are perfect for forwarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Hitting the BoB or heavy bag, as well as the speed bag are all way underrated too.
    What's a BoB?

Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    Thanks for the video Sully. We all get a bunch of the same questions all the time and entertaining and clear videos like this are perfect for forwarding.
    Hey Musser! So good to hear from you, buddy. Glad you like it and found it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    A great video. I resisted the prowler for a long time, having memories of high school misery from football two-a-days during the pre-season. But I finally gave it a try and hey! Not bad at all and pretty much a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am to git 'er done. Hitting the BoB or heavy bag, as well as the speed bag are all way underrated too. I mix a bunch of other things in with these in a kind of HIIT mix of things and my VO2 Max is 37+, which is in the excellent range for geezers like me.
    Thanks, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    What's a BoB?
    A BoB is the flesh colored torso Sully was walloping with such abandon.

Thanks for this, Sully!

Turning 53 this year, getting ready to queue up this year's NLP. I've taken a break every winter to spend it playing in the snow, except this winter I actually have a garage gym, so I worked on maintaining intensity on each of the four main lifts at least once a week so I won't be starting from scratch. That also means that after a slight reset, I'll be starting with Program 1B, then moving rapidly through that and 1C into 1D.

Related to your video, thanks for the very firm nudge towards reading the book. I've read the chapter, evidenced by my highlighting of scattered sentences, but had completely forgot about it until I cracked it open to see about your alternatives to the prowler (since I don't have one, nor do the globo gyms around here). I've had similar experiences with SSBBT3 and PPST3, so any time you or any of the coaches produces a video like this, it helps many of us immensely as you nudge us back into the book to absorb more.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Thanks again!
    Glad to help.

Sully:

Im 51 and have a thread going right now w Rip about what causes muscle belly tears. I had been using a prowler, but pulled my calf muscles at least twice using it, so I stopped. I seem to be prone to muscle pulls and tears. I recently sustained a pec tear, which actually bled out and caused bruisng. Any input on what causes muscle belly tears?

starting strength coach development program
    It does in fact seem to be the case, in my experience, that some folks are more prone to them than others. Whether this is a genetic issue (one client claims he has "weak mesoderm), technique, or (as I suspect) multifactorial, I canna say. Sorry for your trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast