starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SS Radio #102: A Lie, Agreed Upon Part 2: Beth Stelzer: Save Women's Sports

Default SS Radio #102: A Lie, Agreed Upon Part 2: Beth Stelzer: Save Women's Sports

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Now, isn't it a wonder that you don't hear discussions about this topic with people for and against around the same table?

And by that I mean hearing a "woman", (born male) there in person justifing their actions and decisions to compete in woman's sport against true born females, while parents of said true females and people like Beth and Mark are telling them about the issues they are causing......

What would be interesting to me is to know how many trans-men are trying to enter men’s sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    What would be interesting to me is to know how many trans-men are trying to enter men’s sports.
    Or men's prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    I'm sure that there's a bunch of them, but they're able to fly under the radar due to not having an obvious advantage is speed/size/strength and power over their competitors.

They would just appear to be a random slight dude with slightly below average athletic gifts.

I am a father of two little girls, so this particular topic gets my full attention whenever it pops up.

How about women who identify as men and start receiving testosterone injections at age 15? Is it cool if they keep competing against women?

What if I’m a scrawny little boy who identifies as a herculean type male? Can I get state funded testosterone injections at 15 to beef up to my true identity? Gender is fluid, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    How about women who identify as men and start receiving testosterone injections at age 15? Is it cool if they keep competing against women?

What if I’m a scrawny little boy who identifies as a herculean type male? Can I get state funded testosterone injections at 15 to beef up to my true identity? Gender is fluid, right?
    Only thing that should matter is what's between your legs that you were born with and that's who you compete against. All else is foolishness, unnatural and perversion. Just be thankful for who we are and quit promoting being something or someone else.

From the comments:

Devamadhu Keefe
    1 hour ago
    Hi Rip - I’m a transgender man who recently got into strength training, and have been really inspired by your books and guidance on lifting. I understand some of the arguments against trans people competing in sports, and I do think it’s an interesting enough topic for a respectful debate. That being said, this podcast starts off with blatant disrespect of trans women, calling them men. Maybe my comment is a waste of energy, but as someone else said - there’s actual science behind the transgender experience, plus thousands of psychologists over decades who have analyzed trans people and determined that it’s no longer even a mental health issue. It’s just how some people like myself show up in this world. There’s a huge difference between making an argument that trans people might have an unfair physical advantage in sports, and just repeating the same old unscientific and boring ignorance. It’s shitty and disheartening to hear when so many of us have to wade through hatred and ignorance just to be who we are in this world.

Dobro Fitch
    1 hour ago
    have my like. and this conspiracy theory that trans people are being brainwashed by doctors, politicians, and other elites is, if nothing else, a failure to treat the actual lived experience of millions of people worldwide with basic respect. "No, sorry, you're not dysphoric, you've just been duped. Try having a higher IQ". Utterly patronizing. The idea that someone transitions in order to win at sports, utterly idiotic. if you want to talk about identity and experience being erased, there it is.
    If this is not a troll, it's amazing. We are discussing competitive athletics, where he admits that there is "an argument that trans people might have an unfair physical advantage in sports," yet he claims that this is "unscientific." And the responding comment never addresses the issue at hand, which is purely and simply the fact that congenital males have physical performance advantages over females. And that is all we are talking about. If a guy wants to wear a dress and makeup, neither me or Beth give a single fuck. Nobody else worth considering does either. But they cannot ever stick to the point, which is athletics competition, because even they concede the point -- it always boils down to their wishes and desires, while completely ignoring the wishes and desires of everybody else.

starting strength coach development program
    Basically, as I understand it, the conversation seems to lose focus and turn towards the human rights and racism issues or the way society treats transgender people in general.
    I really have no issues whatsoever with how everyone wants to look, be or consider him or herself. Male, female, both, non binary or whatever.. I really don't mind at all or even care. It doesn't affect me anyway.
    But sports, that is a whole different issue and there is an obvious, biologically evident advantage for those born male versus females. However they choose to identity later in life.
    And that should not be ignored for the sake of equal treatment or something because obviously it affects the fairness within the sport by giving someone a major advantage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast