starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden Testosterone Spike

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    The concern is that if it’s a valid number, they cannot, by law, give me TRT. That’s the way I understand it, at least.
    Where do you live?

Let’s just say I know John Haun and will be attending his opening soon.

I seriously doubt that any state can control a prescription written by a physician at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I seriously doubt that any state can control a prescription written by a physician at this level.
    OK. I’ll definitely keep that in mind. I’m hoping for the retest results today or tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens. Also, I think the concern was that they checked me, allegedly at 1200-1300, 7 days from my last shot, which means I was supposed to be bottoming out. Anyway, I’ll update when I get the results back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    I’ll have to ask about the AI, the dosage, heart concerns, etc. Thanks for the info on that. Perhaps what I got from the podcast was that aromatase inhibitors = BAD. I’ll go back and read the transcript of the podcast and make sure I didn’t misunderstand.

I am getting HCG. I wasn’t at first, but I did experience quite a bit of, ahem, shrinkage early on and they asked if I wanted to try HCG. Within a short time things were normal and I’ve been getting it every week with the T-shot for about 8 months. I have not experienced any side effects that I am aware of other than having normal sized nuts again.

Oh. I won’t just sit there and take it. The concern is that if it’s a valid number, they cannot, by law, give me TRT. That’s the way I understand it, at least.

Again, we’re talking about whether 10mg/week can actually bump me to 1300 ng/dL, whereas I was previously in the 600s at last blood test. The only variable that has changed is the 10mg/week increase.

I’m not taking any other supplements other than protein powder and some creatine.
    Its my understanding that anastrazole/Arimidex is particularly nasty. It seems like a kinder, gentler, better AI is exemestane/Aromasin - fewer side effects, but slightly more expensive.

In addition, arimidex just temporarily "blocks" the aromtase enzyme recenptors, so if/when you go off it, all the enzyme receptors are now back "on line" and get busy making E2. Exmestane, apparently, permanenetly disables or kills off the aromatase enzyme receptors. Its called a "sucidal inhibitor" because it kills off the receptor. This means, perhaps, that when/if you go off the drug, the body will only make more Aromatse enzyme receptors if more E2 is needed. Therefore, you may be able to take exemestane for a period, come off, wait 30 days or so and see if your E2 ius a a new permanent lowered level. Im not sure this happens with arimidex. It may be a way to not have to be married to an AI for the rest of your life. Exemestane is more expensive, though. Discuss this aspect with your doctor. And blow his mind. He probably doesnt know it.

starting strength coach development program
    Just got my numbers back. My T is at 1106 and estradiol is at 56.7.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Its my understanding that anastrazole/Arimidex is particularly nasty. It seems like a kinder, gentler, better AI is exemestane/Aromasin - fewer side effects, but slightly more expensive.
    I think I'm a little confused as to why I would want the AI in the first place? I was under the impression that it's high(er) testosterone levels in the absence of estradiol that are harmful to cardiac and endothelial functioning. Obviously, this is a drastic oversimplification, but my knowledge on the topic is cursory at best. It seems to me that your body would produce more estrogen to counterbalance the testosterone for a specific reason?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12