starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phil Meggers SSC: The Deadlift Setup

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You don't actually own the book, do you? All this shit is in the book. Pages 103-04, and I'm not going to type it for you. I got an idea: write your own book, and stop trolling the board.
    You handled this amazingly well Rip. This is considering the slaughtering of the word “phenomenologically.” Its weightlifting not metaphysics. We can thank McDonald’s for this shit, he’s just gotta have it his way.

It's Robin UK. He's mad at me because we're not going to discuss abortion, so he's trolling the board. Very sad.

Imagine taking the time to join this forum just to spend more time trolling it.

On the topic, what is the thought process behind setting the back starting with the thoracic spine followed by a wave of extension down to the lumbar spine rather than setting the lumbar spine first and creating a wave of extension to the upper back? I've never seen it described the latter way here, but it feels far more effective at getting set without dropping my hips, particularly as fatigue sets in.

People do it both ways. Just get the whole back into extension.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Leify View Post
    I've never seen it described the latter way here, but it feels far more effective at getting set without dropping my hips, particularly as fatigue sets in.
    Not as a wave, per se, but yes we have and in a few different ways. It's one of the more common things that has to be fixed in lifters:

The Most Important Thing You Will Ever Learn About Lifting Weights

Fixing a Rounded Low Back in the Deadlift

A New Cue for Setting the Low Back

More out there, but these three should help people who're working on nailing this down in their lifts or the lifts of someone they're coaching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12