starting strength gym

Thread: When to stop lifting every day on Starr Rehab protocol

Default When to stop lifting every day on Starr Rehab protocol

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip:

Im 51. Meat eater. On trt. 6'4" 265 pounds. On Thursday March 18 I tore a pec. I know because 1) i felt it !POP! in the belly of pec meat and 2) a bleed/bruise showed up a short time later. It wasnt a huge tear, but it was a tear, not just a strain or tweak.

Since the very next day Ive been doing the Starr rehab protocol - started with the bar for 4 sets of 25. Yesterday I (warmed up to then) benched 205 for three sets of 15. Ive pretty much benched very day for the past three weeks except, I think three or 4 days. My best ever competition bench is 385; I tore my pec doing work sets with 325.

When should I stop trying to add weight to the bar and benching every day? I do intend to go back to the novice linear progression and bench 3 times every two weeks, interlaid with pressing for three times every two weeks But when should I resume that more balanced approach? My shoulders, triceps and pecs are feeling sort of tired and I dont want to "overdo" my rehab.

If I bench today it will be for three sets of 215 at 15 reps, which is a lot of volume the day after three sets of 205 at 15 reps. When should I slow this thing down a bit?

The original idea was 2 weeks, and then back to 3x/week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The original idea was 2 weeks, and then back to 3x/week.
    Thanks. I think that will work.