starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength Orlando

Default Starting Strength Orlando

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello everyone. My name is Scott and along with my wife Kelly, I am opening a Starting Strength Gym in Orlando. We are extremely excited for this opportunity and to be the first SS gym in Florida.

My first exposure to strength training was about 14 years ago when a college roommate got me into power lifting. I lost interest a few years after college and since then didn't spend a lot of time focusing on strength. That was until about 3 years ago when I found Starting Strength.

I tried to do the program myself and got help when I could, but it was hard to find coaches that knew the method. That's when I learned that Starting Strength was franchising gyms. After visiting Starting Strength Austin, going to Wichita Falls for a seminar and meeting the franchise team I decided I wanted to bring a Starting Strength Gym to the city I loved.

We are currently negotiating the lease for our first location which is in Maitland on the border of Winter Park. It is close to I-4 and will be easily accessible from College Park, Downtown, Altamonte, Apopka and more.
    If this first gym does well, we hope to bring more SS gyms to the Orlando area.

If you are in Central Florida, check out our website and sign up for the early interest list to be the first to receive gym updates. If you’re visiting Orlando, you can always drop in for a training session or form check once we open. Give me a call at 407-490-4194 or email at sseidl@startingstrengthgyms.com anytime.

Welcome Scott! Orlando is one of the few US cities I've had the fortune of visiting, so I particularly enjoyed hearing this announcement. I wish you every success and look forward to watching your journey from afar. Good luck!

Great news. I’m in Daytona Beach, it’s nice to finally have a SS gym nearby, in addition to Dominion down the road. I’m certainly interested in participating in any strength meets held there along with seminars.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Scott owns a couple of ice cream shops in town too. This is a brilliant strategy to boost sales.

Mpalios- Our first Florida location. Two more coming soon, including Tampa.

Welcome, Scott!

Where in Tampa? I'm guessing not south Tampa, though....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Scott owns a couple of ice cream shops in town too. This is a brilliant strategy to boost sales.

Mpalios- Our first Florida location. Two more coming soon, including Tampa.

Welcome, Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    Welcome Scott! Orlando is one of the few US cities I've had the fortune of visiting, so I particularly enjoyed hearing this announcement. I wish you every success and look forward to watching your journey from afar. Good luck!
    Thank you Travis. We'll keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by samhain3184 View Post
    Great news. I’m in Daytona Beach, it’s nice to finally have a SS gym nearby, in addition to Dominion down the road. I’m certainly interested in participating in any strength meets held there along with seminars.
    Thanks Sam. We're excited. The plan is to have it North of the downtown Orlando near I-4, so it'll be about 40 minutes to the 95/I-4 interchange up in Daytona.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Where in Tampa? I'm guessing not south Tampa, though....
    Not sure yet, we still need to get the Franchise Agreement signed. The Real Estate search comes next.