starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS Radio #103: The Sophisticated Hater

I for one, would gladly do a paid subscription to SS content just to escape those darn YouTube commercials.
    Roll it out, sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Durbin View Post
    I for one, would gladly do a paid subscription to SS content just to escape those darn YouTube commercials.
    Roll it out, sign me up.
    Ads on YouTube?

Try Firefox with the uBlock Origin extension. That should cure that.

But if you're watching on your TV, good luck with that. No amount of filtering on a pihole can solve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Durbin View Post
    Roll it out, sign me up.
    Yep me too

My buddy and I saw Wyatt Earp first bakc when it was released. We liked it a lot; didn't love it.

A couple of weeks later, we watched tombstone, and actually laughed out loud when Bill Paxton was dying on the pool table. I do really like Kurt Russell as Wyatt though. (but I like him in anything he's in).. At the time, neither of us liked Tombstone at all. We will still occasionally text still shots of Paxton on the pool table when it comes on TV as a joke.

I've seen both again. I can see why Tombstone is liked more. A bit more 'Hollywood-y'; definitely less epic in scope. Wyatt Earp is sometimes a slog IMO.

Tombstone has some good actors in there.... Sam Elliot, Russell, Michael Rooker.

And while I am thoroughly entertained by Val Kilmer's Doc, I can't understand why/how Dennis Quaid's take isn't remembered more. When he's riding in on that horse, heaving & coughing..... I'm not sure if it was intended to be really funny, but it's really funny.

But I will always tell someone they need to see Wyatt Earp if they enjoyed Tombstone.

Starting Strength radio is also available on podcast apps if you don't have time for ads. However I know YouTube is better monetized. With the amount of listeners (guessing 200-300k per), I'm sure they could make some decent revenue with a few ad reads in the podcast.

The money we make from YT ads barely pays for production costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Ads on YouTube?

Try Firefox with the uBlock Origin extension. That should cure that.

But if you're watching on your TV, good luck with that. No amount of filtering on a pihole can solve that.
    I'd happily pay because I value the content, the ads don't bother me so much

I’m happy to pay a reasonable monthly fee for SS content.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    I'd happily pay because I value the content, the ads don't bother me so much
    I would too, I never see the ads because I am listening via the podcast feed, but since this is the only podcast I listen to, I would gladly chip in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast