starting strength gym

Thread: Another question about femural LLD

Default Another question about femural LLD

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I posted here a couple months ago because I had some misunderstandings about the protocol for femural LLD.
    I have a difference that's a mix of both femural and tibial, so I shim and take a staggered stance. However, I'm not certain about what exactly to do when deadlifting. With a staggered stance, when you bring your shins to the bar (step 3), obviously one shin (the longer leg) will touch the bar before the other, and the other (the shorter leg) will remain away from the bar the distance which is dictated by the staggered stance. Am I supposed to pull from such a position (so, the shin of the longer leg touching the bar while the shin of the shorter leg staying behind a bit), or am I supposed to actually bring the shin of the shorter leg to the bar too, so both shins are touching the bar when the pull starts? I tried the first option and the bar simply rotates backwards when the pull starts in order to touch the shin which was staying back.

Which works best for you?

So far I've only tried actually lifting with the first option. When I bring the shin that's away from the bar towards the bar, naturally the hip on that side significantly drops and I'm worried that this is screwing up the lateral symmetry of the hips we're trying to achieve.

Remember that the ROM of the hips during a pull is much shorter than that of a squat, so the symmetry at lockout is your biggest concern.

So my lumbar should be fine with either option?

I don't know. I haven't watched you pull.

starting strength coach development program
    Alright, thanks a lot again.