starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pros and Cons of Building a Home Gym

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Home gym pro: I am sleeping with all the women in my gym[emoji41]

Covid probably destroyed what was left of this situation. But this was probably the biggest one to me:

Reaching the Top with the X-Factor | Tommy Suggs

I love having a home gym. I can train how I want, when I want (subject to the kids' schedules), using equipment that is as good as anything you would see in a barbell gym. Certainly my equipment is much better than anything at a commercial gym. I even made a T shaped platform to mimic the Strength Co gym setup.

Even so, there's stuff I miss. It can be a lonely journey down there in the basement.

People at my old commercial gym used to always get too close to me when lifting, which was dangerous and pissed me off. Like this: Wtf - YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by m s View Post
    People at my old commercial gym used to always get too close to me when lifting, which was dangerous and pissed me off. Like this: Wtf - YouTube.
    To me it just looked like he was trying to help out in case you weren't aware you lost your collar and plates.

If my trip was only to the gym, I would have a home gym, but since my trip is gym, library, food store, I find I like the public gym better then working out alone at home. As the drive time is ten minutes each way and everything is close together, it makes for a tidy journey

I would add not having to deal with douchebags, but I’m there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    To me it just looked like he was trying to help out in case you weren't aware you lost your collar and plates.
    Yeah I said sorry once I realized he was trying to be helpful. But people would often walk up to me when lifting heavy and it was dangerous hence my reaction.

I can now play Starting Strength Radio on Fridy on speakers and listen to Rip yell at people to gain weight in full bass rather than having to wear ear buds at the gym.

Microplates are actually meaningful since you know what your 45's weigh and you use the same plates everyday so you aren't adding 5 lbs to your press when you meant to add 1.5.

Your gym has zero of these.

I sometimes eat lunch between sets now so it sorts out a timing issue that sometimes comes up. It doesn't bother me at all.

I don't have to carry and deal with a bag full of 2 belts, chalk, microplates, water bottle, etc. It all gets to sit out in the gym now.

I can lift at the time that's convenient to me that day instead of trying to go to the gym at the times when gym traffic is lowest.

I can leave the deadlift weight on the bar and let today cmdrfunk screw over tomorrow cmdrfunk if I feel like it. Fuck that older guy.

No one asks me how many sets I have left as if it's a measure of time.

No one tells me they used to deadlift until they hurt their back.

No anti-American or anti-white propaganda on television at my home gym.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by m s View Post
    Homeboy was clearly trying to tell you that you just lost your collar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast