starting strength gym

Thread: Inna Koppel SSC: The Ideal Image of a Woman

Default Inna Koppel SSC: The Ideal Image of a Woman

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Funny that this should come out today. DeAnna Price broke her own US record in the hammer a few days ago and has discussed her own issues with body image.

Newsradio WJPF interview with Deanna Marie Price | April 20, 2021 | Newsradio WJPF

Price has long conveyed positive messages about body image. We asked her if that had been a personal challenge in the past.

“Oh yeah, of course. I’ve always been very, very broad, and there were times that I wouldn’t eat because I wanted to fit into a prom dress and I wanted to look much skinnier. I’d try on a dress that was two sizes smaller and starve myself to fit in that dress. T&FN Interview — DeAnna Price - Track & Field News
    It appears the politically correct view of an athletic woman is that whiny loudmouth Rapinoe, who can't quit griping about being shortchanged as an athlete. She should try something like throwing if she wants to complain about not making much money at it. But she checks the body boxes AND she's not heterosexual. So take that, patriarchy.

Plus, given Rippetoe's newly revealed regard for throwing the hammer, it couldn't come at a better time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    It appears the politically correct view of an athletic woman is that whiny loudmouth Rapinoe, who can't quit griping about being shortchanged as an athlete.
    She's at LEAST as good of an athlete as Usain Bolt....Gatorade says so.

"But modern western culture worships the appearance of malnourishment as the ideal female aesthetic."

That's so 2005, and it was never straight men. It was women and the gay fashion industry.

This is what the media likes now: https://media.patriots.win/post/66u3sXUA.png

So much to say here. So little will be well received or deemed productive. Shame.

Barbells are the best way for every woman to improve their aesthetic and health appeal. BUT we should not disregard the need to inject sexual desirability into the equation.

Also, when decrying "western standards of beauty" we should ask ourselves, who are the propogators of these standards? What socio-political groups do they belong to and why do they push their agenda(s)? Because most American men I know - and I have spent 50 plus years knowing American men, being friends with American men, speaking candidly with American men, etc - definitely do NOT hold up or prefer malnourishment and under muscled female forms. In fact, juicier, more succulent broads with muscle (not 15% body fat definition) are the preferred shape of all men I have known.

That being said, any port in a storm. And a scrawny, skinny stick with a pretty face and a willing disposition also gets it. But dont confuse "ideals" with "good enough"

So, assuming we all agree, that jucier, more muscular, more vital women are better, why is there a persistent belief that "malnourished" female forms are somehow idealized? Who is doing this and why? Attack at the source....

Google images of this muscular, solid Olympian: Maria Andrejczyk

maria andrejczyk - Google Search

She redefines the Ideal Image of a Woman

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    So, assuming we all agree, that jucier, more muscular, more vital women are better, why is there a persistent belief that "malnourished" female forms are somehow idealized? Who is doing this and why? Attack at the source....
    The media strikes again.