starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should i do the NLP

Default Should i do the NLP

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello Rip, I'm 25 years old and i have suffered from multiple health problems for over 10 years including hashimoto's, arthritis mostly in both knees, osteoporosis, scoliosis, low hormone production due to the malabsorption of nutrients caused by conically inflamed intestines. At 6ft i I have weight between 125-155lbs for all of my adult life. Recently i have been getting better by finally finding some proper information on diet, however I'm concerned that if i start training I will stress my body more than it can handle and make it weaker. Do you have any advice for me, if more information is required i can provide it.

Greetings from Germany, Pascal

Look at it this way: If you don't start the program, what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal95 View Post
    Hello Rip, I'm 25 years old and i have suffered from multiple health problems for over 10 years including hashimoto's, arthritis mostly in both knees, osteoporosis, scoliosis, low hormone production due to the malabsorption of nutrients caused by conically inflamed intestines. At 6ft i I have weight between 125-155lbs for all of my adult life. Recently i have been getting better by finally finding some proper information on diet, however I'm concerned that if i start training I will stress my body more than it can handle and make it weaker. Do you have any advice for me, if more information is required i can provide it.

Greetings from Germany, Pascal
    Whereabouts in Germany are you? I'm in the North, shoot me a PM if you like and if you start training.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Look at it this way: If you don't start the program, what happens?
    You are right, but I'm concerned about what happens when i start. I guess i have to find out. I'm going to order the blue book right now. Thank you for the reply Rip.

I think if you start the program, follow it to the letter and be conservative with your starting weights and increments (which doesn't mean not progressing every workout) you will be amazed at the effects it will have. Reread the blue book, get what you need ready, and go.
    If finances allow get an online coach (the only practical option in Germany). Its the best investment you could make.

I agree, thank you for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Whereabouts in Germany are you? I'm in the North, shoot me a PM if you like and if you start training.
    How do i write a PM?

Good question. We don't have that function on this board.

OK i see, thanks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Good question. We don't have that function on this board.
    Damn.
    We used to have this function on this board, though. I wasn't aware that you decided to remove it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast