starting strength gym
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Statement to the Committee on Texas HB 4042

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks Coach!

Great example of critical thinking. Posed with a YES/NO requirement to answer a question, you nailed it in a few brief and logical paragraphs.

My Instructor in my university graduate course on this very topic (Critical Thinking) would likely have awarded you an "A" grade.

It's essentially irrefutable. Big thumbs UP!

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    If they don't, they are complicit in this. I understand they really really really want their medal. Even still...
    They should hold their own competition elsewhere on the same day same rules apart from no biological men

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    The other thing that irks me is the dangerous precedent that having a side on one argument pigeon holes you in to a certain category of person. I have no issue with people adopting any gender they wish- none of my business and I would treat that person as well as I do anyone else
    We tried the accommodation method for all this weirdness and all we've gotten for our good will efforts is being taken advantage of and being pushed into more and more weirdness. You are welcome to continue this losing path, but I'm out. It's all very clear now that it's not just "none of my business." It is affecting everybody.

I don't treat people well who insist that I participate in delusions and demand that I change the way I speak and then tell me I'm the bad one for declining their rude ass demands.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    If they don't, they are complicit in this. I understand they really really really want their medal. Even still...
    They won't get it though competing with men.

From the Canadian Powerlifting Union's (CPU) site' transgender inclusion policy: Canadian Powerlifting Union

"6. As a general guiding principle for the CPU’s eligibility guidelines, the CPU supports the following statement from Creating Inclusive Environments for Trans Participants in Canadian Sport:

Based on this background and available evidence, the Expert Working Group felt that trans athletes should be able to participate in the gender with which they identify, regardless of whether or not they have undergone hormone therapy. Exceptions could be made if a sport organization is able to provide evidence that demonstrates hormone therapy is a reasonable and bona fide requirement (i.e., a necessary response to a legitimate need) to create a fair playing field at the high-performance level (p. 19)

7. At both recreational and competitive levels, an individual may participate in their expressed and identified gender category.

8. Individuals are not required to disclose their trans identity or history to the CPU or any of the CPU’s representatives (e.g., coaches, staff, Directors, officials, etc.).

9. All athletes must be aware that they may be subject to doping control testing pursuant to the Canadian Anti-Doping Program. Trans athletes undergoing gender reassignment are encouraged to contact the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) to determine what procedures, if any, are required to obtain a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE)."

In theory, I could compete in the women's division with no modifications to my hormone levels, requirements for surgery or any other proof that I am actively identifying as a woman. I just go from James to Jamie and circle F on the registration form. They are not allowed to challenge me or ask for any proof.

If there is a female -> male trans athlete, his supplemental testosterone levels will be regulated and monitored, so at least the drug-free integrity of the competition will be maintained.

Looks like the way has been cleared for me to become a national champion, although it would probably be in good taste for me to shave my beard before competing.

The CPU is Canada's feeder for the IPF, so I could potentially become a world champion, but I most likely would get my ass kicked by ladies at the international level.

Look at this breathtaking stupidity: Hard to overstate the ‘diabolical dumbness’ of Sarah Silverman’s rant - YouTube

Apparently, if you are sufficiently famous, you are exempt from the intelligence requirement. Since we have been pretending that Sarah Silverman is a comedian, it is no problem to pretend that Gavin Hubbard is a female weightlifter.

Let me repost the important part of the essay:

I don't have to tell people of normal intelligence who are unblinded by politics that men and women have different physical capacities. To say otherwise is a lie, and is both biologically false and a direct contradiction of the phenomenology observed over the millennia of human existence. These differences can be summarized as “neuromuscular efficiency” – the ability to recruit muscles into contraction both explosively and completely. The data are very clear on this: the average Standing Vertical Jump (SVJ) for young men is 22 inches, and 14 inches for women, with the records being 46 inches and 31 inches for men and women respectively. Since the dawn of time, it has been recognized that boys and girls – and men and women – have different levels of neuromuscular efficiency. These differences are directly attributable to the effects of testosterone, and the primary effects of testosterone take place in utero – in the womb, starting at approximately 8 weeks post-conception.

Puberty finishes the process started in the womb, with the development of the familiar secondary sexual characteristics typical of the two physical sexes. But the neuromuscular aspects started in utero are far more important, to the extent that testosterone administered to female athletes has no significant effect on the Standing Vertical Jump.

The salient point here is that psychological gender is completely and utterly irrelevant to the physical reality of male/female sex and physical performance. They are entirely different issues. Sports – physical competitions that involve winning and losing, and numerical outcomes – are dependent on the physical realities of sex that started in the womb. These differences have been very wisely codified as Men's and Women's divisions in sports. In no traditional sport contested at the world level do men compete directly with women, for this obvious reason. In the contact sports, disregarding the physiological reality in favor of the political gets people seriously injured.
    As I said in our show with Beth Stelzer, the women have to fix this -- we can't fix it for them, cause that would be mansplaining/sexism/misogyny/arithmetic/biology, etc. Do not compete in sports federations that allow men to enter the women's division.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

Apparently, if you are sufficiently famous, you are exempt from the intelligence requirement. Since we have been pretending that Sarah Silverman is a comedian, it is no problem to pretend that Gavin Hubbard is a female weightlifter.
    As we like to say, she’s not one of the sharpest pencils in the box.

Look at this breathtaking stupidity: Hard to overstate the ‘diabolical dumbness’ of Sarah Silverman’s rant - YouTube

I have never found her funny. This act of stupidity was the funniest yet saddest statement she has ever said. Society and the world are in a sad state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    As we like to say, she’s not one of the sharpest pencils in the box.
    Will science survive politics? - UnHerd

starting strength coach development program
    ‘Diabolical dumbness’ is apt. Why do people take any of these professional pretenders seriously. At that level they are more often than not mentally ill themselves.

We wouldn't even be here if instead on a myriad of concessions, folks just called Jenner out for being insane right out of the gate.

There are no trans women. Just people with extreme body dysphoria.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast