starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooking videos

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Medina View Post
    Two batches? Or 6 in a different pan at the same time?
    There's got to be a better way.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    I just want to know how to make twelve eggs without them getting soggy. I can make pretty good eggs if there's only six or less, but once I get into the eight to twelve range, it all goes wrong.
    Are you talking fried or scrambled? I do a batch of a dozen scrambled eggs for myself and the kids every weekend. I use a griddle and somewhat low heat to control how quickly the eggs come together.

I personally prefer them a little soft and custard like.

I just want to know how to make twelve eggs without them getting soggy. I can make pretty good eggs if there's only six or less, but once I get into the eight to twelve range, it all goes wrong.
    Probably just need to turn up the heat a small bit

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    Probably just need to turn up the heat a small bit
    I definitely think heat is part of the problem. I'm going to try with my cast iron skillet since it can retain and deliver more energy than my other pan and see if that helps.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I definitely think heat is part of the problem. I'm going to try with my cast iron skillet since it can retain and deliver more energy than my other pan and see if that helps.
    And might throw in a little olive oil. Spoon it over the whites to cook them faster.

계란두판! 가장 큰 초대형 계란말이 / 60 eggs! giant rolled omelette - korean street food - YouTube I don't know if this is what you want but its pretty interesting.

Cast iron with 50/50 olive oil and butter will fry it nicely.

I've found a pan with a lid can help too as it restains more heat without making the pan so hot that it burns

You may find the answer is some of the suggestions to use oil in the pan. I've used olive oil but prefer coconut or avocado oil as they are a bit more heat-stable (higher smoke point). Get the pan hot, add the oil, and heat it until just before it starts to smoke. The trick here is for the oil to be hot enough that the water in the eggs begins producing steam as soon as it hits the oil. It gets the eggs started cooking quickly and produces nice fluffy curds with scrambled eggs.

Once the oil is hot enough, dump in the eggs and immediately start scraping the bottom of the pan with your spatula to build the nice fluffy curds as the eggs start to cook. Once the uncooked egg is thick enough to start leaving a trail when the spatula is dragged through them, turn the heat down to a little below medium. Keep folding the eggs over themselves in the pan and lowering the heat eventually to low to finish them up.

Also, try this as a guide: Tips and Tricks for the Best Scrambled Eggs, Your Way

starting strength coach development program
    Eating a lot means cooking a lot. One of the annoying things about trying to get big and strong is all the extra time spent on food preparation/cooking/doing the dishes etc. I think a good idea for a cooking video would be how to cook high protein and carb meals in bulk as quickly as possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast