starting strength gym

Thread: My head and eyes will pop out on the sqaut!

Default My head and eyes will pop out on the sqaut!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Rip; I know you have dealt with this question..but i am asking again because I have tried the technique you describes to alleviate the problem. Holding breath with mouth open.
    I have had some successful coaching online with Nick and currently just trying on my own to get past my sticking point in the sqaut before I work with Nick some more. The problem is that when I am coming out of the hole in the sqaut I get so much pressure in my face and eyes that it just feels dangerous. I am able to hold my breath with mouth open but it is still happening.
    My question is this, when I hold my breath I notice that even though my mouth is open I can still feel too much pressure in my head . I recently tried holding breath while pushing against stomach , kind of holding breath down lower it feels like. Is this correct? I seem to have to practice this in order to be able to do it consistently. It takes most of the pressure off if I can sustain it. I apologize if you actually taught this already and I missed it. If you could clarify this is correct or not that would be great.
    Thank you
    Sincerely
    Tom Cashmore

Dunno Tom. Can't see from here. But you have been posting on this board for 4 years. How many times have your eyes popped out?

I think it's normal during a heavy squat. That's why squats are the greatest / worst.