starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muscle belly damage from COVID vaccines?

Default Muscle belly damage from COVID vaccines?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The jab in the arm is really targeting muscle, fat and lymphatic cells in the immediate vicinity of the jab i.e the upper arm while trying to avoid leaking any of the serum into the capillaries. These cells that take in the mRNA in the shot, transform to produce spike proteins and then die. Seems like nobody is talking about how much cellular damage can occur when human cells are sacrificed to produce these spike proteins.

I’m guessing most people on this thread know better than to take these experimental drugs, but am curious if enough localized muscle damage could occur to negatively impact strength especially in the upper arm? Or will the body adapt and replace the destroyed cells with new muscle cells or make the remaining ones bigger?

Which brings up another question after researching COVID co-morbidities. With obesity being the most common co-morbidity, apparently humans stop increasing the number of fat cells (hyperplasia) in the body by their early 20’s and then fat cells begin to increase in size from there as people age (hypertrophy) in order to store additional fat (triglycerides). It’s the larger fat cell size that becomes the problem with viral infections.

Larger volume fat cells have greater outer surface area and thus become more vulnerable to being infected by viruses, and the larger volume means a larger reservoir for a virus to replicate. The increased viral load from all the extra adipose tissue then overwhelms the immune system. It’s the increased amount of adipose tissue present in obese people that explains why nearly 80% of all COVID deaths have been in the clinically obese population.

But enough on that, in terms of strength training... Can the number of muscle cells in humans, similar to fat cells, increase during childhood and adolescence (have more of a hyperplasia adaptation)?

If so, wouldn’t people that start strength training in their early teens have a big advantage in terms of overall muscle mass and strength by getting a hyperplasia adaptation in addition to hypertrophy from strength training during their teenage years?

Quote Originally Posted by evhough View Post
    But enough on that, in terms of strength training... Can the number of muscle cells in humans, similar to fat cells, increase during childhood and adolescence (have more of a hyperplasia adaptation)?
    I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by evhough View Post
    years?
    While not addressing your question exactly. Andy Galpin discusses hyperplasia in general here 39.30 minutes in to this video.
    New Science of Muscle Hypertrophy - Part 1, Physiology: 55 Min Phys - YouTube

I do not think that a mRNA shot would have too much effect on the muscle belly since it is not going to leave a gaping hole in your arm.

I got Moderna shot #1 today and other than an overwhelming desire to do Bill Gates' bidding, I feel fine.

I'll report back in if it messes with my bench pressing on Friday.

I had both Modern shots months ago and neither had the slightest effect on my lifting. Arm soreness was minimal and faded entirely within 1 day.

Quote Originally Posted by bbuszard View Post
    I had both Modern shots months ago and neither had the slightest effect on my lifting. Arm soreness was minimal and faded entirely within 1 day.
    I had both Moderna shots, and they both wiped me out - tired, joint pain throughout body, shortness of breath - both times. My last shot was a month ago now and I'm just getting my energy back. When I had Covid last summer, it didn't bother me at all, the so-called "cure" was much worse for me. Wish I hadn't gotten the vaccines at all, only reason I did was to pacify my elderly parents who only listen to network news and Sunday morning talk shows (esp. Snuffleupogus), and believe all the garbage that's put out.

Next time, just lie to your parents.

My planned bench press 315*3*2 turned into a 315*2*2.

There was another factor at play though, when I go there, there was someone else in my spot.

Threw off my whole day.

I worked with a guy recently who said he basically couldn't use his arm for lifting stuff in the immediate aftermath of the shot. I don't know how true that was, if he was trying to just get me to pick shit up for him or what. But I didn't really care, what's the point of building up strength if you're gonna be reluctant to put it to use in everyday life?

starting strength coach development program
    Got both Pfizer shots. They made me a little drowsy for 24-36 hours. No effect on my planned lifting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast