starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Muscle belly damage from COVID vaccines?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    But I didn't really care, what's the point of building up strength if you're gonna be reluctant to put it to use in everyday life?
    To be able to yell at people who ask me to carry the heavy shit because I lift and have them be scared by the yelling.

I have a trainee who has had shoulder pain in his left shoulder since training the day after pfizer shot #1. It’s getting better, but bothered him quite a bit for over a month. I believe Doc Morris has had some issues as well.

I would think that injury is the result of training with abnormal muscle stiffness - It could cause some technical issues in a movement like the press.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    To be able to yell at people who ask me to carry the heavy shit because I lift and have them be scared by the yelling.
    That's no fun. Better to just quietly shame them by picking up the heavy thing and moving it where it needs to go without complaint. Some part of them has to feel like a pussy, while you get to feel like Superman.

Both Pfizer shots made me tired the next day. I cane home from shot #2 and lifted. Seated press( my basement gym ceiling is 6’8”) and some other silly shit. Was planning didn't squat again for three days. Don’t think I suffered any muscle belly damage from the shot. Just felt like a sack of smashed ass for three or four days.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    Both Pfizer shots made me tired the next day. I cane home from shot #2 and lifted. Seated press( my basement gym ceiling is 6’8”) and some other silly shit. Was planning didn't squat again for three days. Don’t think I suffered any muscle belly damage from the shot. Just felt like a sack of smashed ass for three or four days.
    But at least you didn't get sick!

I wasn't in a hurry to get the shot. Wanted to wait to see if everyone started eating brains. My wife was nagging, er, encouraging me to get it and my employer was pushing it hard. “Your choice blah blah blah but really pushing hard. We had multiple clinics at work for employees to get the vaccine. I went ahead and got it. I was in the Army and they used to order us to line up and injected us with god knows what. I didn't die then. Haven’t died yet this go round. But I did develop an attitude problem when people started suggesting I still need to wear a mask. Go to hell. I danced like a freakin monkey on a leash. Did all the dumb bullshit. I am not living the rest of my life in a mask.

I had the Astra Zeneca jab. Just felt like I'd been punched in the arm. Might have been some joint aches, but not sure if that was just the regular aches and pains after the gym.

My wife took it and was sick for two days, kind of like when she had actually COVID and was sick for 10.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    But I did develop an attitude problem when people started suggesting I still need to wear a mask. Go to hell. I danced like a freakin monkey on a leash. Did all the dumb bullshit. I am not living the rest of my life in a mask.
    Vaccinated or not, at some point we all gotta decide to take the masks off. If we continue to wait for the ok, it will never come.

Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    I had the Astra Zeneca jab. Just felt like I'd been punched in the arm. Might have been some joint aches, but not sure if that was just the regular aches and pains after the gym.

My wife took it and was sick for two days, kind of like when she had actually COVID and was sick for 10.
    Good for you!! You are good boys and girls!!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    Your wife got the right kind of immunity and you still decided to gamble her life with a vaccine that multiple countries have discontinued because of complications, especially in females? Nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast