starting strength gym
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lots of records falling.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by novicejay View Post
    And no intelligent conversation could happen.
    But you might interest the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    But you might interest the other side.

This is true.

However, I will not be posting summaries of books on this site. If you or anyone else wants to educate themselves about how experts become experts, I posted a very long list previously and a short list in this thread.

Fair enough.

This is true.

However, I will not be posting summaries of books on this site. If you or anyone else wants to educate themselves about how experts become experts, I posted a very long list previously and a short list in this thread.
    Or you can become an expert the old-fashioned way: get a good basic education that applies broadly, and then study something specific for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Or you can become an expert the old-fashioned way: get a good basic education that applies broadly, and then study something specific for a very long time.
    Yes, that is part of what these books talk about = studying something specific for a very long time. As I said, you are in these books even though you haven't read them.

Of course, you must have the right Coach (along with other things) and lots of people don't have the right Coach who call tell ignorant folks like myself the inside "secrets." Getting the wrong Coach leads to folks like myself remaining ignorant. What's funny is lots of Coaches claim to know these things, i.e., your frequent references to football coaches thinking they can teach weightlifting because they learned weightlifting from their football coach, but the reality is these coaches are ignorant also and their ego gets in the way of learning.

Yes, that is part of what these books talk about = studying something specific for a very long time. As I said, you are in these books even though you haven't read them.

Of course, you must have the right Coach (along with other things) and lots of people don't have the right Coach who call tell ignorant folks like myself the inside "secrets." Getting the wrong Coach leads to folks like myself remaining ignorant. What's funny is lots of Coaches claim to know these things, i.e., your frequent references to football coaches thinking they can teach weightlifting because they learned weightlifting from their football coach, but the reality is these coaches are ignorant also and their ego gets in the way of learning.
    Good to know that self-help books haven’t changed since the early 80s. The industry customer retention rate must be astronomical. Respect the grift.

Quote Originally Posted by oface View Post
    Good to know that self-help books haven’t changed since the early 80s. The industry customer retention rate must be astronomical. Respect the grift.
    This would be incorrect but you are welcome to your opinion.

I remember I'm Okay, You're Okay from when I was a kid in MYF. I never saw the point.

I remember I'm Okay, You're Okay from when I was a kid in MYF. I never saw the point.
    Yeah but if you read more about experts you would.

starting strength coach development program
    I was affected by Warm Fuzzies and Cold Pricklies.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast