starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lots of records falling.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I remember I'm Okay, You're Okay from when I was a kid in MYF. I never saw the point.
    It means when someone is ignorant about a topic, I find it pointless to have a conversation and arguing with someone who is obviously ignorant is silly which is why you tell people to read the books and why you advise people who ask how to explain something to a football coach who thinks he knows weightlifting is pointless. Of course, you are correct in that assessment which is why I posted what I posted.

These books have nothing to do with the comment posted by whoever thinks these are self-help books but I know some people find it cool to pretend that they are not ignorant for some odd reason. The comment only proved the poster's ignorance. I am ignorant of many things but how experts become experts and these books are not one of them.

I presume the posters don't think reading your books is a good idea either. I mean, why would I want to read the SS book to educate myself? What a dumb idea.

Jamaica taking all three on the 100m women’s podium, with the winner getting close to flo-jo’s untouchable record. Looks like WADA didn’t get out to Jamaica much in the last 18 months

Who actually gives a fuck about this?

Quote Originally Posted by zinedine kilbane View Post
    Jamaica taking all three on the 100m women’s podium, with the winner getting close to flo-jo’s untouchable record. Looks like WADA didn’t get out to Jamaica much in the last 18 months
    There has historically been a fair amount of corruption as far as drug testing goes. Could be that, or they could just be faster than everyone else.

There are great stories about the testing program in Jamaica, not that I have any inside info. But WADA will not allow testing to be performed in country due to corruption, so they try to fly in for random testing.

Of course they are detected at the airport and then the athlete can’t be found until the inspector leaves the country. This is said to happen while the athlete knows he/ she would test dirty.

They say WADA has almost given up testing Jamaicans who train in Jamaica because it is often unsuccessful, too expensive, and pointless.

Clearly the Jamaicans tren hard, anavar have cheat meals and get test-e when asked about their trenbalone sandwiches. It is d-bol that anything illegal is going on, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tomskarda View Post
    Clearly the Jamaicans tren hard, anavar have cheat meals and get test-e when asked about their trenbalone sandwiches. It is d-bol that anything illegal is going on, right?
    Cute. And I suppose you think that nobody else is doping.

Also, how do we know Flo Jo wasn't juiced up? Clean drug tests prove little.

Well all the athletes competing for records at the very top end here are doping, just some are doping more than others and some have a national association helping them with the doping (Russia, Jamaica, China) and some have a national association working against them ( USA weightlifting for example). But that’s more and more just for the “bad” drugs, ie steroids. The more “progressive” countries seem to be fine with other drugs, e.g Britain and Norway prescribing asthma drugs for most of their endurance athletes or USA gymnastics giving out Ritalin. It is actually fascinating stuff when you get into it, kind of distracts from the athletics if you think about it too much though. It’s all I can think about when watching the swimming. They must be doing something but I have never really heard anything about doping in swimming and it’s western nations winning. If anyone has any good links or info on it let me know.

And FloJo’s record has stood for 34 years now, I think it’s beyond any reasonable doubt that she was juiced to the gills

starting strength coach development program
    And FloJo’s record has stood for 34 years now, I think it’s beyond any reasonable doubt that she was juiced to the gills
    Right. Had she not been juiced to the gills she would have been no different than Whoopie Goldberg.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast