starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TRT: Follow the SCIENCE

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by patterner View Post
    The thing about test that has bothered me for YEARS, is the fact that the reference range keeps getting adjusted (downward). They don't do the same thing with the reference ranges for say, blood sugar, even though the average results have been going up.

Obviously, I understand that this is related to the fact the Type II is a clear medical diagnosis, and the real issue is that the issues around low test don't equate to an easy diagnosis.
    Just got mine tested, it was low and I will be exploring TRT, but sadly, the reference range was 175-781. It would be funny if it weren't sadly effecting millions of men.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    So interesting, especially considering that the study didn’t involve prescribing estrogen blockers, as is commonly done for people on TRT. I got off that estradiol shit after the last testosterone podcast.
    Aromatase inhibitors are definitely a silly idea. Especially for anyone just starting out on TRT. Makes bloodwork after starting TRT useless, since you have no idea what's doing what. Ironically, it also detracts from the potential cardiovascular benefits. Low T usually also means low E2. It's the rise in estrogen, due to increased testosterone, that provides the cardio benefit.

I agree. I'm very thankful for those informative podcasts. I referred them to my Men's Health doctor and he agreed that even though my estrogen was elevated due to TRT, a blocker would be of no benefit because I was not displaying any negative symptoms.

I'm 52 and I've been on TRT for a year. The improvements to my physical and mental well being have been life changing, even with my modest dose (.4cc twice a week). At my last quarterly check, my Test clocked in at 1,100, which the doc says is high, but acceptable. My blood pressure continues to drop (112/70) from 130/80 and my libido is off the chart, which my wife approves of. My lifts have started climbing again after a period of post LP stagnation, and my sleep has drastically improved, which of course benefits everything. I appreciate that my doctor treated me based on my symptoms, not my initial number, which was in the high 300s. I think it has been helpful that he is also 52, and has been on TRT since he was 40. So he actually knows its benefits firsthand. My GP told me "you're only 51 and you lift weights, your T is fine" and dismissed my request for a test. Thanks Rip, for getting this critically important info out there.

Will

A Global Fertility Crisis - Dr. Shanna Swan - YouTube

Doesn't this data and research prove the pussification of the world? Less kids, more unfertile useless pussies walking around, no testosterone (Rip got this right just as much as the importance of strength training), no sex drive. If you combine this information with how the world slowly started falling to pieces from the seventies, you can see how this is not a coincidence.
    Someone has been trying to pussify all of us to reduce the world population, make people more prone to obedience and less reactive, destroy family values and therefore reproduction rates, and turn us all into obedient workers and professional consumers.
    TRT is probably even more important than we think.
    This is probably also related to electro-magnetic fields, radiation, poisoning of our water and contamination of our food with all kinds of pesticides and additives.
    Same goes for other animals.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I wonder how they measured sperm count. That might be important. The electromagnetic fields thing is bullshit. Governments have been selecting for a more compliant population since the invention of government. Australia has achieved this in an impressive way. But if "they" are using the vaccination to accomplish this, they have really fucked up. You can see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Australia has achieved this in an impressive way. But if "they" are using the vaccination to accomplish this, they have really fucked up. You can see why.
    ah yes...its fun to think about.

Imagine if the vaccine does affect fertility, and they would never know, because a 3 month trial on a new experimental vaccine would never tease out side effects like those ....

I guess then one could counter with: "those timid compliant personality types have already bred, so no Darwinism effect there".

But then again, think about who is going to be the ones to push their own offspring to the front of the vaccine line?
    And what possible side effects of multiple vaccine doses, and their supplementary boosters, and re-boosters do to a young kid going through puberty, (or before puberty).

According to the authors they still advise against TRT for those at "normal" levels. So someone like me with persistent (30+yrs) depressive symptoms and the inability to make any significant progress in the gym is still advised not to go on TRT since my levels are "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by edjohnson View Post
    According to the authors they still advise against TRT for those at "normal" levels. So someone like me with persistent (30+yrs) depressive symptoms and the inability to make any significant progress in the gym is still advised not to go on TRT since my levels are "normal".
    If only there was some way to take care of yourself without government approved gatekeepers getting in the way......

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    If only there was some way to take care of yourself without government approved gatekeepers getting in the way......
    I think that recommendation comes from the scientists/docs who wrote the article. Not the government......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12