starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRT: Follow the SCIENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    My life was was going spectacularly when my (ex) wife decided to date her co-worker. Then the gaslighting started. I got destroyed.

I’d dealt with a lot of shit in my life but I noticed I was just not able to deal with this. The worst part was thinking “while you can mourn, why is this wrecking you emotionally?” It was a bit different, an anomaly.

Long story short, after research, got my test checked. I was <200 at age 55.

I sought out prescription test and for the love of god, it saved my life. I mean it took a month of 100mg per week but man, what a difference mentally. I write this about the unsung mental health benefits but the physical are also big.

Men, don’t discount this.

So interesting, especially considering that the study didn’t involve prescribing estrogen blockers, as is commonly done for people on TRT. I got off that estradiol shit after the last testosterone podcast.

I don't see where the article mentioned the dose or frequency of administration. TRT could be from (usually) 100-200mg a week. That is enough difference to drastically impact estradiol levels. That said, I don't necessarily disagree with you though it's gonna depend on how an individual responds to the test dose, whatever it is. At a real TRT dose, it's not overly likely to be necessary, however.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...stry-study.pdf

Pretty damn good numbers. Take this with you if you insist on going to your GP about it.

The thing about test that has bothered me for YEARS, is the fact that the reference range keeps getting adjusted (downward). They don't do the same thing with the reference ranges for say, blood sugar, even though the average results have been going up.

Obviously, I understand that this is related to the fact the Type II is a clear medical diagnosis, and the real issue is that the issues around low test don't equate to an easy diagnosis.

Jut had my testosterone checked through my PCP. My level was 353 ng/dL and, for those who are curious, the range was listed as 200 - 800 ng/dL.

So, watching your podcast with the 2 gents about TRT, about halfway through. A question just occurred to me. For a man that has a problem with muscle cramps, could low T be a cause of this, assuming all else is good? Hydration, mineral levels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by patterner View Post
    The thing about test that has bothered me for YEARS, is the fact that the reference range keeps getting adjusted (downward). They don't do the same thing with the reference ranges for say, blood sugar, even though the average results have been going up.

Obviously, I understand that this is related to the fact the Type II is a clear medical diagnosis, and the real issue is that the issues around low test don't equate to an easy diagnosis.
    Yes. Its almost as if we cant trust the science....or something. I wonder of there are socio-political forces behind this literal (maybe its figurative, but its sort of not) deballing with simultaneous fattening of the American cattle?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Its frustrating how these doctors -even the ones who endorse TRT - Dr. Morgentaler comes to mind - are never willing to say what the upper limit of the weekly TRT dose should be, just whatever your treating dick doctor (dick doctor? Piss doctor? Really? For an endocrinologically significant procedure that occurs weekly? And if a urologist is qualified to diagnosis, treat and prescribe hormones and ancillaries like AI pills, why do we need endocrinologists? And why don't women go to dick doctors for their hormones?) decides is prudent. In other words, if someone feels pretty good living on, oh, I don't know, let's say 250 mg of test E per week, and this puts them just over the former 1200 upper limit, what are the potential health implications if any. What about 300? 350? 500? At what point are there health consequences and what might they be?

Hysterics tell us 100 mgs every 10 days is a guaranteed death sentence for your balls, cancer, brain, heart and prostate. But its equally unhelpful for doctors to not address the situation involving those of us who might enjoy living on TRT at the upper limits of the reference range and who might not have a local dick doctor "supervising" the injections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast