starting strength gym

Thread: Pain meds don’t work!

Default Pain meds don’t work!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip, I heard you talk about opioids not having any effect on you; in one of your YouTube videos. You did mention something else that you said did work; what was it? All I can remember is that it started with a “T.”
    I’m asking, because my husband has the same problem. He found out after having a heart attack. They gave him several doses of morphine and it had no effect on him; except for giving him dry mouth and making his back hurt.

It was probably E.H. Taylor bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishsavvy View Post
    Rip, I heard you talk about opioids not having any effect on you; in one of your YouTube videos. You did mention something else that you said did work; what was it? All I can remember is that it started with a “T.”
    I’m asking, because my husband has the same problem. He found out after having a heart attack. They gave him several doses of morphine and it had no effect on him; except for giving him dry mouth and making his back hurt.
    Tramadol or Toradol?

If I recall the video in question I think what Rip got was Toradol. It's a powerful NSAID. Tramadol is more similar to opioids in it's mechanism of action. I have no experience with Toradol personally, but I am another person for whom traditional opioids don't work well besides making me itchy and irritable, and I had some success with Tramadol in the short term after a serious head injury. One caveat is that you absolutely shouldn't have any alcohol while taking it. Most drugs they tell you not to mix with alcohol, of course, but this one is for real.

He was given either Tramadol or Toradol at the hospital, last time we went, but it didn’t do anything either (whichever one it was). I will check to see which one it was so we can try the other one next time!
    Thanks for all the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    If I recall the video in question I think what Rip got was Toradol. It's a powerful NSAID. Tramadol is more similar to opioids in it's mechanism of action. I have no experience with Toradol personally, but I am another person for whom traditional opioids don't work well besides making me itchy and irritable, and I had some success with Tramadol in the short term after a serious head injury. One caveat is that you absolutely shouldn't have any alcohol while taking it. Most drugs they tell you not to mix with alcohol, of course, but this one is for real.
    I remember: it was Toradol. Good med.

I think Tramadol is virtually useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    I remember: it was Toradol. Good med.

I think Tramadol is virtually useless.
    Best I've ever felt was with three broken ribs and a displaced collar bone on an iv of Toradol. I've never felt so loose. Tramadol is great for making you feel crazy.

starting strength coach development program
    Toradol is great. I opted for it instead of nerve blocks when I herniated my C6-C7. Can’t say I was cured, but it certainly helped get me through some miserable times.