starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The One Way to Make Power Go Up - Starting Strength Radio Previews

Default The One Way to Make Power Go Up - Starting Strength Radio Previews

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

To watch the full podcast this Friday, subscribe here: Starting Strength Network

Does this imply plyometrics are futile?

No. It states it explicitly, if you use your imagination. All plyometrics ever did was get a lot of people hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    ... if you use your imagination...
    Can't.

It's full of naked ladies, not Rippicisms.

Even if a Can-Can is not raging upstairs, my dog died this week, so I am depressed, imagination and all.

I needed to share, it’s part of the process.

We now return you to normal programming.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Can't.

It's full of naked ladies, not Rippicisms.

Even if a Can-Can is not raging upstairs, my dog died this week, so I am depressed, imagination and all.

I needed to share, it’s part of the process.

We now return you to normal programming.
    Sorry to hear that man. I put my dog down two months ago - lung cancer. Hardest thing ever, coming from a guy who lost his dad as a kid. Hell, even my mom took the dog’s death harder than the loss of her husband all those years ago. However, in a week or two you start forgetting the bad shit and start laughing your ass off at all the silly shit the damned fluffy bastard did all its life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Sorry to hear that man. I put my dog down two months ago - lung cancer. Hardest thing ever, coming from a guy who lost his dad as a kid. Hell, even my mom took the dog’s death harder than the loss of her husband all those years ago. However, in a week or two you start forgetting the bad shit and start laughing your ass off at all the silly shit the damned fluffy bastard did all its life.
    Thank you. The emotions seem to be a mechanical effect. Going through or near the motions and patterns, but with Dog missing, trigger me. There are these mundane rituals you have with your dog every morning, afternoon, night, that can be more rigorous than the ones with your family (go outside first thing in morning, back in for a treat, fill the bowls, etc). Those are gutted, and the void causes pain. Then there are the dog's own memories of those shared habits, which evaporate, and that stings.

It's like well-worn trails in a forest going idle. They get overgrown and fade, but the forest is changed.

I maintain the intellectual point that Dogs Go To Heaven, but through their masters. It's a subordinate relationship, like us to Christ. I think CS Lewis said that first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Hardest thing ever, coming from a guy who lost his dad as a kid. Hell, even my mom took the dog’s death harder than the loss of her husband all those years ago.
    Wow, I lost my dad as a teen and can't imagine a dog's death being anywhere even close to that. That was a life changing event for me. A dog, WTF??

Do you have a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Wow, I lost my dad as a teen and can't imagine a dog's death being anywhere even close to that. That was a life changing event for me. A dog, WTF??
    I would very much like to see you take up this kind of tone with me if we were talking face to face instead of online.

starting strength coach development program
    He doesn't understand about dogs. Losing your father as a kid is different than losing your father as an adult, obviously. But he still doesn't understand about dogs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast