starting strength gym

Thread: "Pin Firing" Success Story (thanks Rip)

Default "Pin Firing" Success Story (thanks Rip)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    As the title states, thanks Rip.

Been dealing with golfer's elbow for a while. Time off didn't help. Voodoo Flossing + Ibuprofrin gave some relief, but didn't make things better.

Found Rip's "Pin Firing Protocol" and it worked like a charm. Here's exactly what I did:

Step 1: Cut out the offending movements.

I know most people on this forum will suffer from golfer's elbow due to arm position on barbell squat. But I haven't been doing barbell squats (sacrilege, I know) so that wasn't the offending movement. For me, the offending movement was either close-grip bench press or neutral-grip weighted chins done with thicker handles. I'm pretty sure the neutral grip chins was actually what caused the elbow pain as I've done regular pronated and supinated (pull ups) for years without any issue. But a couple weeks after switching to neutral grip, BAM, elbow pain.

So I cut out both of those movements while I did...

Step 2: The "Pin Firing Protocol"

Before the golfer's elbow, I was good for 15-18 regular chin ups when done for AMRAP. (as many reps as possible.)

So here's what I did:

Week 1: Monday: 15 sets of 7 chins.
    Week 1: Friday: 20 sets of 7 chins.
    Week 2: Monday: 15 sets of 8 chins.
    Week 2 Friday: 20 sets of 8 chins.

Worked like a charm. It's been about 2 weeks since I finished the pin firing protocol and my elbow feels 100% pain free. Thanks Rip.

Works every time it's tried correctly.