starting strength gym

Thread: SS Radio #123: Western Movies with Rip and Musser

Default SS Radio #123: Western Movies with Rip and Musser

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

I haven't seen any westerns and am looking forward to Unforgiven, Tombstone, Silverado and the others you mentioned. I think you guys did a good job of giving off the feeling and impression of the movie without ruining any of the plot.

When does the anime edition of the movies discussion podcast come out?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Ha.

@Andrew, definitely check out some lesser known westerns as well. The Proposition is an awesome Aussie western worth checking out, and Bone Tomahawk is a probably the best recent western out there (warning: there is a very graphic scene near the end.)

Also check out Stagecoach, THE iconic western masterpiece.

Just got done with Tombstone. Man, there was not a dull moment that entire movie. That was excellent.

Also, I never realized how good-looking Val Kilmer was. I can see why Tom Cruise fell in love with him on the set of Top Gun.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.

How do you train a horse not to panic around gunshots? Just shoot nearer and nearer to them until they get used to it?

You pick one that's not bothered by it too much, and then use the S/R/A cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    How do you train a horse not to panic around gunshots? Just shoot nearer and nearer to them until they get used to it?
    Along those lines, I just learned that when the Amish (around here) get Trotters (?) from the racetracks to pull their buggies, they first acclimate them to the traffic by tying them up to a post near the road for some weeks. (Two or more, I don’t know).

starting strength coach development program
    Enjoyed the podcast, even though I haven’t seen many of the movies discussed(outside of Tombstone). I didn’t hear Open Range mentioned - definitely a favorite of mine.