starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 51 year old Rip nutswinger coming back from Covid

Default 51 year old Rip nutswinger coming back from Covid

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Greeting. Sober today, Rip. Been fighting covid symptoms since Aug 13. Hospitalized from Aug 27 thru Sep 1. Lost from 10-15 pounds of bodyweight. No real signs or symptoms left other than im stuck with an oxygen cannula as my lungs try to recover.

As soon as possible I will be doing AB linear progression to build myself back. Zero fears or worries there.

6’4”, 260; competition bests of 465; 370 and 550. I eat lots of red meat and pussy. And i prefer Irish whiskey over fancy american bourbons.

Any advice on the lung shit? I do not want to overdo it and accidentally fuck myself or make myself weaker.

Thanks.

Have you considered taking some ivermectin, just for the hell of it?

Yes. I took the ivermectin, HCQ, , antibiotic, zinc, d3 protocol prior to shitting the bed. Unfortunately, the whole family got it and i deferred full ivermectin dosage to the rest of my family, all of whom recovered in 4-5 days sans complications. I am in the process of getting more Ivormectin so we can all be ready for next time.

At this point my lungs are so fucked that i cannot really walk 150 yards without becoming winded and crashing my O2 levels.

I did hear that the asthma drug clenbuterol (illegal in us, legal elsewhere) is promising for covid lung recovery, but it was just podcast dicta. It would be nice if someone with knowledge of clenbuterol and 2 working balls would comment consecutively on it. Something other than “omg illegal steroids will kill you”. Clenbuterol is not a steroid. And i have plenty.

But yes. Im getting more Ivermectin. To be sure. Thanks for that, by the way. You were months and months ahead. Alrhough it was never really a dirty little secret.

I think you immediately start back training, and keep your reps down to doubles. Obviously no conditioning.

Doubles. Okay. Same number of sets so that volume stays up? Or reduce volume too?

Start at lower numbers and go up from there. Like always.

Thanks, Rip. I will keep you apprised. Also, was unable to access my TRT while I was laid up. Last weekly injection was Aug 16. I will be getting that shit back on schedule tomorrow.

Just curious: In this odd circumstance where conditioning is clearly deteriorated and strength may or may not be AS DETERIORATED, why wouldn’t conditioning for a short time be more advantageous? I fully understand that a guy who can squat 405 for 5x5 is conditioned… but a guy who can’t walk 150 yards isn’t.

From personal experience, I would agree that cardiovascular conditioning generally takes about 3-4 weeks to fully adapt. Why not take 3-4 weeks to be able to walk, say, a half mile, before returning to training? After all, if he lost half his strength in the hospital, he should still be squatting and deadlifting more than the untrained population, which can presumably walk a half mile without the same difficulties.

How do you propose that Fat do a conditioning workout when his resting O2sat is 89%?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Also, was unable to access my TRT while I was laid up. Last weekly injection was Aug 16. I will be getting that shit back on schedule tomorrow.
    FLCCC recommends anti-androgens after 5 days of symptoms.

B2 agonists induce bronchodilation, vasodilation/hypotension, and cortisol secretion, which reduce breathing impediments, blood clot risk, and inflammation, respectively. But airway constriction isn't why COVID patients can't breath, blood clots probably aren't a concern unless you're hospitalized, and dexamethasone is a better anti-inflammatory. In any case, test and clen would be an amusing COVID regimen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast