starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength Network Previews | Addressing Incorrect Criticisms

Default Starting Strength Network Previews | Addressing Incorrect Criticisms

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

I saw one of those videos on youtube, watched a bit, and went "wait, he is basically just agreeing with him, how is this a criticism?"

It's mah Tayucksis accent.

These "Rip criticism" videos are often unintentionally hilarious. I randomly encountered one once that came to the conclusion that Starting Strength is not an optimal "bodybuilding routine." Another one I saw kept harping on the fact that Rip hasn't coached any elite powerlifters. As far as I know, Rip also hasn't coached any elite football players, any elite pole vaulters, or any 5 star Michelin chefs. Not sure what any of that has to do with the efficacy of the Starting Strength program though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    These "Rip criticism" videos are often unintentionally hilarious. I randomly encountered one once that came to the conclusion that Starting Strength is not an optimal "bodybuilding routine." Another one I saw kept harping on the fact that Rip hasn't coached any elite powerlifters. As far as I know, Rip also hasn't coached any elite football players, any elite pole vaulters, or any 5 star Michelin chefs. Not sure what any of that has to do with the efficacy of the Starting Strength program though.
    It’s because the idea that strength is the most general adaptation that affects all aspects of physical existence is the most difficult concept for most people to grasp. After that, the Two-Factor Model. It is a consequence of the specialization culture of scientific knowledge in the past 50-75 years.