Every Day Carry for My Wife Every Day Carry for My Wife - Page 3

starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Every Day Carry for My Wife

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    95

    Default

    • starting strength seminar december 2021
    • starting strength seminar february 2022
    • starting strength seminar april 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    You mentioned that your Glock is a 9mm with a grip that's not comfortable for your wife. I'm guessing it's a G17 which is a full-size gun. You can also try her with a compact size G19 (also 9mm).

    My gun is a G22 which is a full size S&W .40. That gun also comes as a compact, the G23.

    The G19 and G23 are popular with policewomen. That should tell you something. Your wife (and you) should want a weapon that's popular with law enforcement. The compacts are well-known to be concealable as well. Glock also makes subcompacts in these calibers that are even smaller (and more concealable) but these may be harder to shoot.

    Surely your wife can find a glock with the perfect grip size chambered in either 9mm or the more powerful .40. Either has enough stopping power to make law enforcement happy. Her gun will have to meet two criteria: 1) it's comfortable to hold and 2) it's comfortable to shoot. If either is not true, she won't enjoy practicing and therefore won't. Get thee to a gun store and have her try a variety of guns. Have her practice racking the slide in the store until she gets it right. Hint: Most happen have a lot of difficulty using the "slingshot" two finger method. There are much better ways for her to do it though.

    Also, as much as it pains me to admit, there are excellent pistols not named Glock and it's well worthwhile to have her try some of those. Some of them may be easier to rack the slide. Understand though that engineering a gun that's harder to rack due to a stronger spring system gives designers more options for creating a more reliable gun. Law enforcement likes Glocks because their reliability is legendary.

    Here's a very good article written by an author with impeccable credentials: Finding the Right Fit: Glocks for Female Cops
    The grip size will be a problem still for her. The only way around this is a single stack 9mm.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    It is just a small DP-12.
    Another retarded gun. you are on a roll

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I haven't seen any mention of training. A good concealed carry course would be strongly recommended to enhance her comfort level, some are run as all women classes, and you might find one where she could try a few different handguns during the class to point her in the right direction for a handgun choice.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    Another retarded gun. you are on a roll
    Yeah. I had to look up this POS weapon also. I guess it's fun for some to give dangerous, nonsensical advice to people asking questions about life or death issues. My answers might not be the best (I've already conceded one point to another poster) but at least they're fairly evidence-based, reasoned, and possibly useful.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Village of Afton, Virginia
    Posts
    887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newguyray View Post
    I haven't seen any mention of training. A good concealed carry course would be strongly recommended to enhance her comfort level, some are run as all women classes, and you might find one where she could try a few different handguns during the class to point her in the right direction for a handgun choice.
    Then you missed my post "Now all that was nothing more then some old fart's opinion. Here's my real advice: Find your local gun club, range, or gun store and talk with them. My club regularly hosts a NRA Basic for Women course. plus a monthly NRA FIRST Steps Pistol course. The gun store/indoor range in Richmond has a number of courses, plus you can sample guns for a small fee. I think it's $17 for an hour and you can swap up to three times."

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    Another retarded gun. you are on a roll
    That one doesn’t fit in a purse.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Yeah. I had to look up this POS weapon also. I guess it's fun for some to give dangerous, nonsensical advice to people asking questions about life or death issues. My answers might not be the best (I've already conceded one point to another poster) but at least they're fairly evidence-based, reasoned, and possibly useful.

    Alright. No mention of the micro compact Sig P365, possibly the best selling handgun in the US right now. Slide too stiff on that?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Garage Gym
    Posts
    8,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Alright. No mention of the micro compact Sig P365, possibly the best selling handgun in the US right now. Slide too stiff on that?
    ^ This. I bought my wife a Sig P365XL and she loves it, and she is also very accurate with it. Great sights, great trigger.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    ^ This. I bought my wife a Sig P365XL and she loves it, and she is also very accurate with it. Great sights, great trigger.
    And advertised as having the lowest bore-axis on the market. Less moment arm, less torque, less wrist stress, more accuracy.

    None of us like moment arms.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    323

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Of course, if she was in the UK she you could buy her a whistle or something.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •