starting strength gym

Thread: 'Transgender inclusion, fairness and safety often cannot co-exist' says major review

Default 'Transgender inclusion, fairness and safety often cannot co-exist' says major review

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I saw this write up on the BBC of a report by the UK Sports Councils Equality Group:

'Transgender inclusion, fairness and safety often cannot co-exist' says major review

Some key quotes:

It says the governing bodies for each sport should work out their priorities, and choose whether they will focus on inclusion or "competitive fairness" - and safety if relevant - within the current format of their sport.

So for example, contact, collision and combat sports which choose to prioritise safety - or sports based on strength, stamina or physique which choose to prioritise "competitive fairness" - could create extra "universal admission" categories for transgender athletes.

It concludes "testosterone suppression is unlikely to guarantee fairness between transgender women and natal females in gender-affected sports" and there are "retained differences in strength, stamina and physique between the average woman compared with the average transgender woman or non-binary person registered male at birth".
    I have to say it seems fairly sensible (even commonsensical) to me. Which these days is quite a surprise.

I don't think anyone would object to additional Open or Universal "free for all" categories.

We've already suggested it. They are merely catching up.

So transgender-women versus transgender-women. Wouldn't that just be male sports?

The uniforms would be different.