starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Literature on cortisone injections

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    …Now I smash 'em with a bible like any self-respecting Victorian doctor would (kidding!).
    About 30 years ago (more?), a doctor mentioned this as one possible treatment for a cyst in my wrist. Must be part of the doctoring culture.

Quote Originally Posted by edjohnson View Post
    Yes thank you.
    I guess its safe to assume that you have followed up with those patients for months/years after?
    Due to the strange nature of pain itself and how it can many times be present without any type of real damage or inflammation, would you ever recommend a lidocaine only injection as a conservative approach?
    Follow up is occasionally for years but generally months. Patients don't keep their providers very long in California due to managed care (and possibly because I'm a shitty doctor).

I use the lidocaine mainly as a test to see if I got into the right space. It's probably not necessary for this kind of injection but I do like my patients to get immediate relief. The steroids kick in by the next day. I would not expect lido alone to give relief for longer than a day. It's just a topical, short-acting anesthetic.

Type IT band release into the search. There are multiple threads which is why Rip has not replied to this one.

starting strength coach development program
    OP, at the risk of being redundant have you consulted a Starting Strength coach - have you exhausted all other enquiries? You didn't post your medical or training history and in my experience 99% of lifting pain is caused by incorrect form, in which case you can inject all the cortisone you want it and won't help. Do you have a pre existing injury ?

Also my personal opinion is that IT band release, foam rolling, lacrosse balls and all that is a bunch of bullshit from personal experience and years of trial and error with injuries. Even if foam rolling did help, if your technique is off it won't fix the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12