starting strength gym

Thread: Pro Wrestling

Default Pro Wrestling

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Rip, many folks probably aren't aware that the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum is in Wichita Falls, Texas. For decades Mid-South Championship Wrestling held regular shows in Wichita Falls and the town was considered one of its true mainstays.

I am a fairly big longtime wrestling fan, and I'm wondering if you ever trained with, coached, or interacted with any of the wrestlers that came through Wichita Falls back until the late 80's when the promotion was sold? A lot of the old time wrestlers were seriously into powerlifting, and of course Ken Patera is a legendary figure in Weightlifting.

Never trained with or even met any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Overfed and Undertrained View Post
    Hi Rip, many folks probably aren't aware that the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum is in Wichita Falls, Texas. For decades Mid-South Championship Wrestling held regular shows in Wichita Falls and the town was considered one of its true mainstays.

I am a fairly big longtime wrestling fan, and I'm wondering if you ever trained with, coached, or interacted with any of the wrestlers that came through Wichita Falls back until the late 80's when the promotion was sold? A lot of the old time wrestlers were seriously into powerlifting, and of course Ken Patera is a legendary figure in Weightlifting.
    https://twitter.com/johncena/status/...690880?lang=en

Ah okay, thanks. This year the late Skandor Akbar (real name Jim Wehba) was inducted. He was was born in Wichita Falls and spent his childhood in Vernon.

Something folks on this board might find interesting is supposedly whenever Wehba did a bench press, he would clean the bar, then lay down on the bench under control, then press it for his set of however many, sit back up with the bar, stand up, then return it to the floor. The stories go that he did this with 400+, and the whole thing sounds ridiculous but supposedly is true. I have literally never heard of a person bench pressing like this.