starting strength gym
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: THC vs Alcohol for a serious lifter

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Lifter View Post
    Yes, that's correct. I also use a vaporizer about as often as I smoke. I drink a couple of times a month, mostly beer. A couple of weeks ago I pulled a 570lbs deadlift after smoking weed the entire night before. My best pull so far is 585lbs. No way I could have done that after a night of binge drinking. I'm also at 325lbs bench, 500lbs squat and +100lbs for 6 reps on the weighted chin up. Not too shabby for a 50 year old pothead that's 5'11" and 195 lbs. lol
    I’m calling bullshit. Post some video and prove your lifts. 50 and you smoke pot everyday? Do you still live at home in your moms basement?

Just asking because almost every adult I know that smokes pot everyday lives in his (always a male) moms basement, is unemployed and basically a loser.

Maybe I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    I'm 45 and in my experience the way weed became a gateway to harsher drugs was that the inaccurate propaganda surrounding marijuana misled people into thinking the more honest warnings about harsher drugs was bullshit too. These days, I don't think that still holds, everyone should know by now that weed is not that big of a deal, it's just another mild drug (like alcohol) that can be used or abused.
    I may have been the guy earlier in the post who suggested that switching to weed because of problematic drinking may lead to weed being used as gateway. I was clumsy in my words but my experience shows that when switching from Substance A to Substance B because A was being consumed compulsively or to the detriment of the user frequently results in B being abused the very same way. Some people always want “more” of anything, that was my problem. I was fortunate to not attempt to “switch seats on the Titanic. I had to get off the sinking ship.
    But that’s just my two cents, and no judgement on anyone. In fact I am envious of those who could control their intake, I was never one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandfat View Post
    I’m calling bullshit. Post some video and prove your lifts. 50 and you smoke pot everyday? Do you still live at home in your moms basement?

Just asking because almost every adult I know that smokes pot everyday lives in his (always a male) moms basement, is unemployed and basically a loser.

Maybe I’m wrong.
    Hahaha I know a bunch of successful potheads with careers and families and shit. They are mostly male though, hardly a lady pothead anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by doc8404 View Post
    I'd bet that you're a casual smoker. That's why you immediately took offense to the "gateway" theory. Your thought process is like that of other casual users...I smoke weed but it hasn't progressed to heroine or meth so the gateway theory is bullshit.
    Actually I don’t smoke at all, use the and cbd topicals and that’s it. But I grew up around potheads and alcohol, believe me or not, I’ve seen the bad sides of both, and alcohol is worse.

Maybe I’m wrong.
    I’m not 50 but I can easily say everyday users can be just as functional as anyone else. It’s hard for those who don’t consume everyday to think about it, but tolerance increases and one manages. It’s like caffeine for the first time versus the 1000th morning you have it in your coffee. Marijuana is really a kinda cool substance. You can get away with a lot and still get baked off your ass. It’s cheap, easy to use, and I lika the ladies with the stoner eyes. Hehe. I’m not going to tell too much of my personal life, but I left my mom at 18 and I’m 33 now. No debt, 2 kids, house, two paid cars, and working on becoming a millionaire before I die. I may have to quit at sometime, but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    I may have been the guy earlier in the post who suggested that switching to weed because of problematic drinking may lead to weed being used as gateway. I was clumsy in my words but my experience shows that when switching from Substance A to Substance B because A was being consumed compulsively or to the detriment of the user frequently results in B being abused the very same way. Some people always want “more” of anything, that was my problem. I was fortunate to not attempt to “switch seats on the Titanic. I had to get off the sinking ship.
    But that’s just my two cents, and no judgement on anyone. In fact I am envious of those who could control their intake, I was never one of those people.
    I completely understand. I've also had my struggles with controlling intake and have learned that there will always be an intake issue regardless of the substance used until you deal with underlying issues. And, for some, there is undeniably a genetic component that might simply require abstinence. When it comes to substance abuse/use, there is a wide spectrum of issues to consider and it is highly personalized.

Maybe I’m wrong.
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but you can pull 585 and still be a pothead loser. Just because someone is strong doesn't mean they have their life together.

Also, you can live with your mom and smoke pot everyday and still live a good, productive life. It's just not that common.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    You are 100% correct. Your experience mirrors reality. "Normies" may disagree, but that's because they are ignorant to the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but you can pull 585 and still be a pothead loser. Just because someone is strong doesn't mean they have their life together.

Also, you can live with your mom and smoke pot everyday and still live a good, productive life. It's just not that common.

Disagree. Strongly. It’s not only not common, it’s pathetic. Almost all potheads are unproductive, lazy entitled losers.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    I’m not 50 but I can easily say everyday users can be just as functional as anyone else. It’s hard for those who don’t consume everyday to think about it, but tolerance increases and one manages. It’s like caffeine for the first time versus the 1000th morning you have it in your coffee. Marijuana is really a kinda cool substance. You can get away with a lot and still get baked off your ass. It’s cheap, easy to use, and I like the ladies with the stoner eyes. Hehe. I’m not going to tell too much of my personal life, but I left my mom at 18 and I’m 33 now. No debt, 2 kids, house, two paid cars, and working on becoming a millionaire before I die. I may have to quit at sometime, but maybe not.
    It kills brain cells and makes you stupid and lazy. Facts. You’re welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Hahaha I know a bunch of successful potheads with careers and families and shit. They are mostly male though, hardly a lady pothead anywhere.
    Agree on no female potheads. It’s almost always a male thing. I’m calling bullshit on your “successful“ friends. Do they have jobs? Play video games all day ? Will they change a tire for mommie?

starting strength coach development program
    I'm not really passionate about this, but 1.) I've known several female potheads, and 2.) the potheads I've known were operating at about 85% and didn't know it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast