starting strength gym
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: THC vs Alcohol for a serious lifter

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    In my opinion smoke inhalation is never a heathy idea
    Pot was made illegal because the liquor lobby used its influence to keep potential competition from success, had nothing to do with health issues. Always follow the money.
    Neither one is healthy, neither one makes you more competent, and neither one should be illegal for adults.

Freedom rules

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandfat View Post
    Disagree. Strongly. Its not only not common, its pathetic. Almost all potheads are unproductive, lazy entitled losers.

Im calling bullshit on your successful friends. Do they have jobs? Play video games all day ? Will they change a tire for mommie?
    What's your definition of successful? I know people that use weed everyday who make over 100k/year, have their houses paid off, have good relationships with their families. Don't get me wrong, I've met a lot of loser potheads, but to say they're all unproductive, lazy entitled losers just reveals a limited perspective or prejudice.

I also know people who drink three beers every night who aren't deadbeat alcoholics; they work good jobs, take care of their families, and live good lives.

Just because you smoke pot doesn't mean you're getting stoned out of your mind every night.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Im calling bullshit on your successful friends.
    Do they have jobs? Play video games all day ? Will they change a tire for mommie?
    Why are you so worked up about this? I'm a software engineer and have squatted 515x5, and have been a pothead for many years.

Agree on no female potheads. Its almost always a male thing. Im calling bullshit on your successful friends. Do they have jobs? Play video games all day ? Will they change a tire for mommie?
    Like Andrew said, of people with families, good income, no debt and the like. They would probably get even better results if they didn't smoke, but that is a different story. Your bullshit detector seems kind of broken.

At least recreational drugs brought people together, a laugh, dance, chance of getting laid the new drug ( social media) has none of those benefits. I agree with Rip and Andrew on this. Im not in the business of defending pot anymore. Does it slow me down from time to time YES, do I need to be slowed down maybe.To each their ownI would get off that social media though.

Ivermectin is to horse dewormer
    AS
    Cannabis is to Pot.

The plant has been purposefully marketed and bred into a THC-dominant franken-plant designed only for recreational use. "It is a gateway drug."

In its natural form, the plant contains a balanced profile of many other cannabanoids...each having its own effect and medicinal use. BUT, one cannot patent mother nature, therefore...we see the 60 year Horse Dewormer playbook targeting the plant.

There's plenty of science backing up my claim that the plant is medicine. But, you'll never hear about it until you dig. Like with ivermectin, the anecdotal evidence is overwhelming but repressed. "Pot" is for losers.

Ever consider how ridiculous it is that we are forbidden from growing a plant? A PLANT! It's for a safety, you know. Sheep. They don't give a fuck about our safety! In our Pravda world, this obviously means look more closely at the plant.

Wizards know. In recent years, many cannabanoids have been isolated including CBC, CBD, CBG, CBN. You don't smoke or vape these anymore; you precisely dose drops under the tongue. Nobody gets "high" from these cannabanoids. And now, there's even Delta8 THC which is pretty fascinating in that in small doses, there's pain relief without the high of Delta-9 THC. Currently, delta-8 THC is legal.

And, then there's Rick Simpson oil. I only type this post because I sense that some of you guys have no idea about any of this.

If you have a loved one suffering from dementia, I think you'll find the traditional meds will only increase suffering and accelerate decline. I suggest you start researching cannabanoids as an alternative. The science is there but it's repressed. I've gone as far as speaking with MD researchers at Harvard and John Hopkins about their successes, but since it can't be patented, you'll never hear about it.

Just another side of the argument to consider. And, no, I don't use THC myself because I'm not in pain. But, if I did need THC, I'd use legal Delta8 THC and balance it out with CBD so that I wouldn't get FUBAR'd.

My drug of choice to abuse is cold brew coffee. It's 100% legal and encouraged, so I'm sure it's bad for me.

Kitsuma nailed it! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Kitsuma nailed it! Thanks
    Yes he did. Im the same way, dont smoke it, never liked the high. Something about it doesnt agree with me. Maybe the loss of control. But since it became legal medically in Canada, its been a game changer for me for pain relief.

And, I love single malt scotch, so Im not anti-booze😁

Im calling bullshit. Post some video and prove your lifts. 50 and you smoke pot everyday? Do you still live at home in your moms basement?

Just asking because almost every adult I know that smokes pot everyday lives in his (always a male) moms basement, is unemployed and basically a loser.

Maybe Im wrong.
    You do know that Elon Musk smokes weed, right? I don't believe smoking weed defines who you are. I own my own home and have for over 2 decades now. I plan on posting some videos soon for any non-believers out there. I may start with my next PR attempt on the deadlift, which will be 605 lbs. I banged out 9 reps at 465lbs yesterday and finished with a single at 515lbs. And, guess what? I did it after vaping a little weed. lol

BTW, I post my workout routines in the Intermediate Training Forum if you want to take a look.

starting strength coach development program
    And then there's the little matter of flavor. Spirits, wine, and beer have a wide range of flavors that appeal in many different ways. Smoke?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast