starting strength gym
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: THC vs Alcohol for a serious lifter

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And then there's the little matter of flavor. Spirits, wine, and beer have a wide range of flavors that appeal in many different ways. Smoke?
    Pipe smoking. We’ve had this conversation (and you shit all over it).

But it shares some of the variety and hobby aspects as alcohol. Besides, it can arguably be no worse health wise at the equivalent levels.

And then there's the little matter of flavor. Spirits, wine, and beer have a wide range of flavors that appeal in many different ways. Smoke?
    There are thousands of cannabis strains with different flavors and effects. You don't have to smoke it either. You can do edibles or use a vaporizer. Alcohol does come in more varied forms though, especially in terms of potency.

I'm not a weed advocate. If you like it, fine. If not that's fine, too. It's just that some of these stereotypes people are coming up with are ridiculous.

Actually, that’s an interesting thing. As I said, the high of weed has never agreed with me, but I’ve always loved the smell and the taste😁. I try it once every few years to see if I’ve changed my mind about the high.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Lifter View Post
    You do know that Elon Musk smokes weed, right? I don't believe smoking weed defines who you are. I own my own home and have for over 2 decades now. I plan on posting some videos soon for any non-believers out there. I may start with my next PR attempt on the deadlift, which will be 605 lbs. I banged out 9 reps at 465lbs yesterday and finished with a single at 515lbs. And, guess what? I did it after vaping a little weed. lol

BTW, I post my workout routines in the Intermediate Training Forum if you want to take a look.
    Elon does not smoke weed. I saw an interview of him talking about it.

They don't call it dope for nothing. I can't stand stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post

At the 1 min mark...

Tesla CEO Elon Musk on smoking pot, impulsive tweets - YouTube

Such a useless nasty bitch. Anybody who talks to Leslie Stahl is a fool, and this diminishes my opinion of his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post

Didn't the dude smoke a joint on Rogan's show? But really, what that bipolar guy does to deal with his own bullshit doesn't matter to me.

I think you are actually talking about dose. A "stoner" overdoses THC, thus he's reduced to a boring dumbass. Same goes for drunks, accept they can be both boring and belligerent at the same time. I've never met a belligerent stoner; they are just useless NPCs (non-playing characters).

When properly dosed, either alcohol or cannabis can make for an interesting, positive, creative night. Drunks and stoners suck.

A man weighs over 200 lbs. He also knows how to properly optimize his dose of all things in life. Another word for mastering dose is maturity. In order to learn how to dose, you gotta overdose. Been there, done that...bored myself.

Imagine basing your opinion on a drug off of whether Elon Musk uses it. Analogous to the professional athletes topic here that comes up all the time -- many are good despite what they do or do not do, not because of it.

I think Casual Lifter might be a standard deviation away from average intelligence, but I don't think it has anything to do weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    When properly dosed, either alcohol or cannabis can make for an interesting, positive, creative night. Drunks and stoners suck.
    You are right about the frankensteining of THC though. The proper dose with the weed of today is the tiniest sprinkle on some tobacco. Anything more than that is like heroin. Back in the 90s you could smoke a blunt by yourself and get mildly high. I have personally had great success smoking weed just before swimming practice, amazingly enough.

Default If Only I'd Seen Reefer Madness Before I Went Down the Road to Pot-Perdition

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldandfat View Post
    I’m calling bullshit on your “successful“ friends. Do they have jobs? Play video games all day ? Will they change a tire for mommie?
    I've been a pothead on and off (mostly on) since 1977. Robbed me of my ambition, yo.

So sadness. Much tragic. Very cry.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast