starting strength gym
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: THC vs Alcohol for a serious lifter

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The risk/reward equation for recreational cannabis use is either at the top of the list compared to other recreational drugs, or near the top, for most people.

For people with chronic pain, it may be near the top of the list compared to over the counter and/or prescription painkillers. If grandma is in chronic pain and is losing weight, get her some thc/cbd 1:1 gummies.

Ingested (versus inhaled) at the right dose, it's a powerful psychedelic that can be used to profoundly alter your conception of self, change unwanted habits/reactions, and better connect/empathize with others. Psylocibin mushrooms and a few others are probably a better option for this, but THC is more accessible.

Drugs are tools. Some tools serve almost no constructive purpose, like recreational meth. But many have utility if applied thoughtfully. Black and white thinking based on what you "learned" in a government school will not serve you well here, much less anywhere else.

If you're type A and need to chill the fuck out, cannabis is a wonderful solution. If you are fighting with your spouse and need to empathize better to have a constructive conversation, try it. If your sleep is shit, try an Indica strain before bed. If you're doing the program and "can't eat enough," etc.

However, if you have poor self control and have issues accomplishing what you want to in life, I wouldn't recommend it.

Don't want to inhale smoke? Eat it. Start at 2.5mg for at least three attempts if you weigh under 150lbs. Start at 5mg if you're above 150. Carefully increase your dose, 2.5mg at a time, from there. Take too much and you'll seriously regret it.

Worried about your testosterone levels? Why aren't you already on TRT?

There's a downside to everything. If you're getting fat from the munchies, noticing memory issues, or are medicating constantly to escape your existence, you may be skewing the risk/reward equation unfavorably.
    Last edited by Ray Gillenwater; 11-04-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    I've been a pothead on and off (mostly on) since 1977. Robbed me of my ambition, yo.

So sadness. Much tragic. Very cry.
    Dude, maybe it’s the lack of funny shit in the world atm, but I belly laughed at this. Awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Drugs are tools. Some tools serve almost no constructive purpose, like recreational meth. .
    I have to respectfully disagree. It’s been keeping people safe from exhausted truckers for decades.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree. It’s been keeping people safe from exhausted truckers for decades.
    Occupational meth is useful, no doubt about that.

Coach Ray,

As usual, thank you for your thoughtful and informative post. Even with nearly forty years of cannabis experience under my belt, I still have had issues dosing edibles. I have gone from no effect to lying in a puddle in the corner on more than one occasion, so I appreciate your very specific dosing recommendations.

Coach Sully,

I laughed my ass off as well. Must be all the THC in my system that allows me to truly enjoy funny shit. I always laugh and learn from you (the sign of a truly good teacher). Thank you, sir.

Will

I've been a pothead on and off (mostly on) since 1977. Robbed me of my ambition, yo.

Any chance you can repeat this experiment using using different amounts? Maybe write a book?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Occupational meth is useful, no doubt about that.
    From what I understand of some asian countries, occupational meth is (in a roundabout way) mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Any chance you can repeat this experiment using using different amounts? Maybe write a book?
    "Starting Reefer: Basic Bud Torching"
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post

"Starting Reefer: Basic Bud Torching"
    I think I bought 5 copies of The Barbell Prescription. I'd buy more of Sully's "Starting Reefer: Basic Bud Torching" for Christmas gifts.

Ray, thanks for the great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Didn't the dude smoke a joint on Rogan's show? But really, what that bipolar guy does to deal with his own bullshit doesn't matter to me.

I think you are actually talking about dose. A "stoner" overdoses THC, thus he's reduced to a boring dumbass. Same goes for drunks, accept they can be both boring and belligerent at the same time. I've never met a belligerent stoner; they are just useless NPCs (non-playing characters).

When properly dosed, either alcohol or cannabis can make for an interesting, positive, creative night. Drunks and stoners suck.

A man weighs over 200 lbs. He also knows how to properly optimize his dose of all things in life. Another word for mastering dose is maturity. In order to learn how to dose, you gotta overdose. Been there, done that...bored myself.
    No, he did not smoke a joint on Rogan. He puffed it like a cigar. He obviously does not know how to inhale anything into his lungs.

A stoner is someone that uses THC habitually, putting them out of their right mind more often than not. Even when they come down they are less than sober. They have to recover long enough to get back to homeostasis. They never get truly sober.

Drunks are a whole other group.

I have no issue with people that use occasionally.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I'll get right on that. But first, [towelievoice] maybe I'll get a little high. [/towelievoice]

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast