starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can this belt squat be programmed as a primary lift?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    You might find the answer to your question by watching the videos. Everything BC said is in evidence in plain view.

Got it. I wasn't make the connection BC was illustrating because It really did feel like a free weight movement when I used it. I'm not suggesting this is something the general population should consider in order to incorporate into their training. I know squatting with the bar is always going to be superior.

starting strength coach development program
    Good news to report.

When i started this thread I was in a lot of pain. I had just finished my first week of restarting the NLP and I was peeling myself from the under the bar and my back was creaky. I was also feeling radicular pain radiating around my thoracic. I thought I was being foolish for starting over again as a result.

I kept up the training schedule, but I lightened the load for a couple of workouts to focus on form, and things have settled down. In the last 15 days I've added 25lbs to my back squat, 70lbs to the deadlift and am in a much better place overall mentally and physically. The mental improvement is huge. I cant say enough for much my overall mood and general view has improved in these last few weeks. Even if I can never add another pound to the bar again I need to make sure I can keep pressing and pulling to make sure I don't lose this.

I still have some discomfort in my right shoulder but it's tolerable overall. I'm tempted to get a buffalo / duffalo type bar at some point, but I've canned the idea of a belt squat so long as i can keep going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12