starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pete and Nick on some obscure AR-15 shit

Default Pete and Nick on some obscure AR-15 shit

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

The main takeaway I've gotten from this is that I should just buy an AK so I don't need to maintain these levels of precision.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Find someone that looks at you the same way Pete looks at that bolt carrier group coming out of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    The main takeaway I've gotten from this is that I should just buy an AK so I don't need to maintain these levels of precision.
    You should just buy both.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Find someone that looks at you the same way Pete looks at that bolt carrier group coming out of the rifle.
    Definitely “together forever”.

This. Agreed. Same reason I like the Glock 17. Indestructible motherfucker that eats and shits any 9mm without fuss or extra care AND I can get a 33round manufacturer magazine or a 50 round drum magazine if I want to "customize"

You shut your commie mouth!

Thank you Coach Pete and Coach Nick.

I, too began my AR hobby at the beginning of the plandemic. What I like most about the platform is the ability to customize and change out components to suite my current needs/wants/novelty drive. I am currently tricking out my .223 Wylde build with a Brigand Arms hand guard, a Tyrant Designs skeleton pistol grip, and a minimalist stock to reduce the weight a bit so my wife can handle it easier. That build started as an inexpensive a side charger, so I am somewhat limited on the BCG that I can upgrade to, but I have not had problems as of yet, so I just bought a back up, just in case.

I did have a question though. Do either of you gents have experience building a 7.62x39 AR? I picked up a side-charger upper and installed an enhanced firing pin to help with those hard Russian primers, and also bought an beefed up hammer spring to help with that issue as well. I am still acquiring components for the lower and am considering whether I should install a .308 buffer spring as opposed to a standard .556 spring to help with cycling the more powerful round. I have heard arguments for both and was just wondering if you fellas had any thoughts on the subject. Thank you for addressing my new favorite hobby.

Will

Can someone explain the need for .223 Wylde to me? I get it shoots both calibres, but couldn’t you just get one in .556? If that’s the hotter round, wouldn’t it also shoot .223?

starting strength coach development program
    Hi Steven,

There was no "need" for the Wylde. My original upper was chambered in 5.56. In my hobby research, I read that some folks considered the Wylde to have a bit better accuracy than the 5.56 barrel. I was already considering a barrel with a longer gas system to reduce the recoil, which is minimal already, to make the weapon easier for my wife and eventually my kids to handle. I found a very nice 16" Rainier Arms, stainless, fluted, Match barrel chambered in .223 Wylde, with an intermediate gas port, and decided to give it a try. As you stated, it can and does shoot both calibers, just like a 5.56 barrel. I can't tell a difference in accuracy, because I am admittedly a rookie shooter, but as I think I stated, working on my ARs has become my main hobby these days, so I am swapping out components pretty regularly just for shits and giggles. The best part is, with all of my switching out of parts, again, just for fun, I have enough nearly new "leftovers" for another build. I just felt at this time, with the direction this country is taking, it was a good idea to to get very familiar with guns, ammo, and how they operate. There is not a better platform for that than the AR. Thanks.

Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast