starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can i do to make my deadlift stronger ?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yes, as I said, it's an amazing program.
    No, what is amazing is the properly executed stiff leg deadlift, that is, constant tension without releasing the bar at the end of the lift... You're supposed to hold onto the bar for the entire set and stretch your hamstrings with a pause at the bottom, constant tension. None of this letting go bs. Only a squarehead would let go of the actual bar on a stiff leg deadlift at the end of the rep, instead of pausing and spending time under tension with the hamstrings stretched to a limited degree. That makes all the difference.

Yes. Absolutely amazing. Time Under Tension. That's the key to GAINZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yes. Absolutely amazing. Time Under Tension. That's the key to GAINZ.

I thoroughly enjoy your self depreciation when it comes to your achievements in your personal strength PR's.
    The fact that someone didn't actually get strong but 'tried' really hard, makes them a great teacher, in your own words.
    Similar to how a mute tries really hard to speak, and fails, but you know, he learnt a lot of useful shit along the way and is absolutely brimming with anecdotes, and would absolutely make a great speech pathologist, because of his absolute 'unique and special' experience, and absolute familiarity with failure, and the poor guy absolutely did try really hard after all. He gets his absolute best results when he tells people to just do absolutely the exact opposite of whatever it is he's doing.

Now that's absolutely amazing!

Also I just watched your video on stiff leg deadlifts...

I have just one question to ask.

Why is it that you do that awkward fidgeting with one of yer hands and fingers, near your hip? It looks like you are pretending to be a gunslinger in an old western movie, and are about to draw from your hip.

It absoultely amazingly strange. Suppose your name has been confined to texas for atleast 10 generations now, so maybe its inbuilt, like, genetically?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsongee View Post
    8x3 at 65% with short rest
    Followed by 3x8 deficit stiff leg

It's simple and effective, and a lot less taxing than a 3x5 @ 90%, that's for certain, personally. You're making out like it's more complicated than it actually is.
    You have a strange aversion to anything that has more sets than 3 apparently.
    I love this 8x3, but maybe it's not for everyone... I, however, would not vouch for sets across on the deadlift with longer rest because that just makes me feel depressed the next day.
    Coan didn’t write this program. He mentioned in an interview that he didn’t understand how it got attributed to him.

starting strength coach development program
    Chaser.

I tried this with one of my friends whose PR was only 350 and he seemed to not respond...
    Shot.

I thoroughly enjoy your self depreciation when it comes to your achievements in your personal strength PRs.
    The fact that someone didn't actually get strong but 'tried' really hard, makes them a great teacher, in your own words.
    Similar to how a mute tries really hard to speak, and fails, but you know, he learnt a lot of useful shit along the way and is absolutely brimming with anecdotes, and would absolutely make a great speech pathologist, because of his absolute 'unique and special' experience, and absolute familiarity with failure, and the poor guy absolutely did try really hard after all. He gets his absolute best results when he tells people to just do absolutely the exact opposite of whatever it is he's doing.
    Yeah, this is not you.

Also I just watched your video on stiff leg deadlifts...

I have just one question to ask.

Why is it that you do that awkward fidgeting with one of yer hands and fingers, near your hip? It looks like you are pretending to be a gunslinger in an old western movie, and are about to draw from your hip.

It absolutely amazingly strange. Suppose your name has been confined to texas for atleast 10 generations now, so maybe its inbuilt, like, genetically?
    Is this supposed to be funny?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12