starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can i do to make my deadlift stronger ?

Default What can i do to make my deadlift stronger ?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Rip
    My name is Yaniv , Im 26 YO from Israel .
    Im stuck at my deadlift progress and Im feeling my numbers in the deadlift are low ..
    i need your help.

my current numbers are-
    Deadlift 440 lbs for 2x3
    Squat 385 lbs for 3x3
    Bench 292 lbs for 3x3
    Press 176 lbs for 3x3

Im 56 , BW 182
    Traning for 8 Years, doing the conventional Deadlift with mix grip with no Straps .
    Training 4 days a week, upper and lower body split, deadlifting only once a week .
    Doing 4 weeks of volume of 3x5 and then 4 weeks of 3x3 , 10 pounds each week and 10 pounds each round .
    last round i faild on the 8th week , did only 440LBS 1X3,1X2,1X1 insted of 3X3

Tnx !

some videos of the last round -
    OverHead Press 80KG 3x3 - YouTube

Bench Press 132.5KG 3x3 - YouTube

Deadlift 200KG 3 Reps - YouTube

Squat 175KG 3x3 - YouTube

This doesn't look like our programming.

Quote Originally Posted by YanivPriav View Post
    Hi Rip
    My name is Yaniv , Im 26 YO from Israel .
    Im stuck at my deadlift progress and Im feeling my numbers in the deadlift are low ..
    i need your help.

my current numbers are-
    Deadlift 440 lbs for 2x3
    Squat 385 lbs for 3x3
    Bench 292 lbs for 3x3
    Press 176 lbs for 3x3

Im 56 , BW 182
    Traning for 8 Years, doing the conventional Deadlift with mix grip with no Straps .
    Training 4 days a week, upper and lower body split, deadlifting only once a week .
    Doing 4 weeks of volume of 3x5 and then 4 weeks of 3x3 , 10 pounds each week and 10 pounds each round .
    last round i faild on the 8th week , did only 440LBS 1X3,1X2,1X1 insted of 3X3

Tnx !

some videos of the last round -
    OverHead Press 80KG 3x3 - YouTube

Bench Press 132.5KG 3x3 - YouTube

Deadlift 200KG 3 Reps - YouTube

Squat 175KG 3x3 - YouTube

Your deadlift sucks. Here's what I do for deadlift. The coan Philip program.

Once a week, typically on Friday because I can't walk for 3 days afterwards.

1x2 deadlift at 90%
    8x3 deadlift with 1 minute rest
    Week 1 use 60% , week two use 65%, week 3 70% week 4 75%

The most important exercise is then the deficit stiff leg deadlift.

3x8 reps stiff Leg deficit deadlift with a light weight, focusing on stretching the hamstring at the bottom of the movement. Stand on two plates stacked on top of each other .make sure your legs are stiff and not Romanian as this is a key exercise.
    3x8 chin up
    3x8 barbell row

These 3 exercises in circuit fashion.

All this is done in a single work out.

After 4 weeks, take 2 weeks off and then test max or redo the program with a higher working weight for the 8x3.

And what is your PR deadlift using this amazing program?

real chads do 1 set of diddlies a week.

real strong chads do a set every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And what is your PR deadlift using this amazing program?
    600 lbs at 180 lbs no drugs ... I also recommend quarter squats for lock out strength in the erectors.
    My goal is 660.

I know results may vary. I tried this with one of my friends whose PR was only 350 and he seemed to not respond...
    I love this program however, and I get an extreme pump from it... By the end of those 8x3 sets, my back is pumped up like nothing else...
    Then on the deficit stiff legs, my hamstrings get absolutely Fd along with my forearms if I can maintain double over hand, as well as this amazing compression on my abdominals... It is an amazing exercise if used correctly and with moderate-light weight to failure. Mainly for hamstring forearms and some weird core activation approaching failure ... Very novel.

I love the halting dl rack pull combo. Was the thing that took me to the next level that I could never break doing the usual deadlifting deal

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsongee View Post
    600 lbs at 180 lbs no drugs ... I also recommend quarter squats for lock out strength in the erectors.
    My goal is 660.

I know results may vary. I tried this with one of my friends whose PR was only 350 and he seemed to not respond...
    I love this program however, and I get an extreme pump from it... By the end of those 8x3 sets, my back is pumped up like nothing else...
    Then on the deficit stiff legs, my hamstrings get absolutely Fd along with my forearms if I can maintain double over hand, as well as this amazing compression on my abdominals... It is an amazing exercise if used correctly and with moderate-light weight to failure. Mainly for hamstring forearms and some weird core activation approaching failure ... Very novel.
    Amazing. An amazing program.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Amazing. An amazing program.
    8x3 at 65% with short rest
    Followed by 3x8 deficit stiff leg

It's simple and effective, and a lot less taxing than a 3x5 @ 90%, that's for certain, personally. You're making out like it's more complicated than it actually is.
    You have a strange aversion to anything that has more sets than 3 apparently.
    I love this 8x3, but maybe it's not for everyone... I, however, would not vouch for sets across on the deadlift with longer rest because that just makes me feel depressed the next day.

starting strength coach development program
    Yes, as I said, it's an amazing program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast