starting strength gym
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Open carry - A cane

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    That 'IQ (80+)' comment made me laugh.

It's so difficult talking about self defence. If you offer a solution people ALWAYS come up with some scenario where the solution won't work.

Has anyone here got any knowledge about Pokemon? This situation is like Pokemon. I used to say to my friend 'this Pokemon is really strong against X Y Pokemon' and he'd say 'oh but it's weak against THIS Pokemon so you can't use it'. So I'd offer up an alternative Pokemon and then he'd find another weakness and so on and so on. It goes on forever (like this tedious post, forgive me).

I saw somewhere here someone saying 'well what you gonna do if they jump on you from behind' and my torch idea was blown out the water by someone saying they blinded themselves on a stairwell because the walls were white... So what are we going to do?

I think we should all have chainmail like Rip to cover all bases and pray nobody will throw acid at us from behind.

“Plans are worthless, but planning is everything.”

- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    Like knowing if you should shoot or not. Knowing if you should pursue or disengage. Knowing if you should take a step back to de-escalate a tense situation and sacrifice your machismo to avoid bloodshed. Being capable and justified doesn’t mean you should do something. And thinking you are within your rights when you don’t fully understand the application of the laws where you live could mean prison or financial ruin.

IQ (80+)
    You make excellent points but I have to believe those points are understood. I think people are just speaking on a worst case scenario, not that their first course of action is to blast someone. Still, valid points.

80+? That's pretty good. I can barely read and I write with dull crayons so I don't hurt myself.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post

- Anonymous
    So true it hurts.

The tyranny of fighting is you only get better at it by doing it, and in modern society it's very difficult to get away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post

- Anonymous
    VNV - THANK YOU! I have a training session this morning where this perfectly applies to the subject matter. Much appreciated!

People talk about tactical training (shooting, reloading, movement, empty hand defense…) but I don’t see a lot of discussion of tactical analysis training. Like knowing if you should shoot or not. Knowing if you should pursue or disengage. Knowing if you should take a step back to de-escalate a tense situation and sacrifice your machismo to avoid bloodshed.
    Because we're talking about self-defense. We're not door-kicking in Afghanistan here, where we have to tell civilians from combatants. If someone sticks a gun in your face to take your car you don't asses, you fire and you keep firing until they stop trying to get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Because we're talking about self-defense. We're not door-kicking in Afghanistan here, where we have to tell civilians from combatants. If someone sticks a gun in your face to take your car you don't asses, you fire and you keep firing until they stop trying to get up.
    Spoken like a true White Supremacist, Jenni. How could you POSSIBLY tell that the young gentleman moving up behind you, while you're at the ATM, isn't just some innocent, fitness-mad JOGGER. You know, a JOGGER minding his own business, doing his daily JOGGING? In his Timberland JOGGING boots? God, Jenni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    If you don't already have your gun in hand, pointed at them, give them your fucking car. Because the only place you can out draw someone who has a gun in your face is in the movies. In real life, if you draw on someone who has a gun on you, you die. Nothing fancy. Just death. Again. Tactical analysis. Avoid the danger if you can. If not, figure out how you can survive it. Preferably in advance so you have had a chance to think things thru. Like you give the car over and then Decide what to do.
    You step out the f the car and they get in and they mo longer have a gun on you and you are armed. Now what? Do you draw? Do you shoot?
    Maybe you cant give it over because your kid or grandma is in the car. What move do you make?
    Go thru these different scenarios and sometimes the answer is shoot. Sometimes it is don’t shoot.
    If your answer is always shoot them till they stop moving I hope you live somewhere that allows that, because in many states you might be doing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Spoken like a true White Supremacist, Jenni. How could you POSSIBLY tell that the young gentleman moving up behind you, while you're at the ATM, isn't just some innocent, fitness-mad JOGGER. You know, a JOGGER minding his own business, doing his daily JOGGING? In his Timberland JOGGING boots? God, Jenni.
    My brain read that in the worst valley girl accent imaginable. Thanks, lol.

starting strength coach development program
    If your answer is always shoot them till they stop moving I hope you live somewhere that allows that, because in many states you might be doing time.
    I'm in Mississippi, I was fine.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast