starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown in Vienna, looking for advice

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas Theodorakis View Post
    If you're allowed in the gym vaccinated just get vaccinated.
    I see no problem here.
    I got the vaccine back in June and I can go everywhere without issue (Greece).
    You’re a free man.

I see no problem here.
    They are in the two week lockdown to break the chains of transmission. Just a quick one, to stop the spread.

I see no problem here.
    Someone has to bite so here goes.

Aside from the problems with the overall medical/pharmaceutical industry and the vaccine itself. (I got to 56 when I wrote them all down)
    In the west at least, we live in a freedom based society, that is, you can do anything you want, with the exceptions of what is prohibited. If it's not expressly prohibited, you can do it.

Having a "green tick" that allows you to do whatever it allows you to do is a reversal of this.
    You are given a list of things you are allowed to do, anything else is expressly forbidden. This is a permission based society.

The "vaccine passport" or whatever it'll be called in your country is a fundamental reversal of the last 500 or so years of western civilisation. Shit man, your country came up with half of this stuff.

Your tick can be withdrawn at any time for any reason.

Well it's not like that exactly.
    I get your point but this falls under protection of the fellow members of your society and especially the elderly and/or those with underlying conditions.
    The same goes for wearing a seatbelt and a helmet when riding a bike.
    I can very well say I don't care if I live or die when driving, but it's prohibited by law to do so.
    It's not yet mandatory to get vaccinated for covid (although it is so for all the other vaccines for children, like chickenpox or diphtheria, MMR, etc) but I think it's only natural that you won't be allowed in closed spaces like gyms if you're not.
    Kids are not allowed to go to school if they're not vaccinated fully with all the aforementioned vaccines, this is not much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    In the west at least, we live in a freedom based society, that is, you can do anything you want, with the exceptions of what is prohibited. If it's not expressly prohibited, you can do it.
    This is not really true, or it is true only on paper. The only ones living in a freedom based society are those living in a select few countries in which the population has enough firepower to demand freedom. If this were not so, it would not have been as easy to implement medical sharia law so quickly.

I get your point but this falls under protection of the fellow members of your society and especially the elderly and/or those with underlying conditions.
    I can very well say I don't care if I live or die when driving, but it's prohibited by law to do so.
    It's not yet mandatory to get vaccinated for covid (although it is so for all the other vaccines for children, like chickenpox or diphtheria, MMR, etc) but I think it's only natural that you won't be allowed in closed spaces like gyms if you're not.
    Kids are not allowed to go to school if they're not vaccinated fully with all the aforementioned vaccines, this is not much different.
    You're a good little European. Carry on.

In your sick view of the world, is there, at any point, any place for personal responsibility towards oneself's health? Or is EVERYTHING up to other people in your world? Do you get to decide who must be protected and who has to protect? Why? Do the people that no one elected get to decide? Again, why? Cause it makes you feel like a good selfless person? Or a good citizen? You feel good about yourself when you picture unvaccinated kids not being permitted in school? You think this MUST be done?

The calmness with which you write about this as if it makes any sense, it's terryfing to me.

And please, drop the damn vehicle comparisons, they're just emberassing

Jesus H Christ, you’re a troll right? You can’t possibly know anything about this crew and still think you’ve found your home like the bee girl in the Blind Mellon video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You're a good little European. Carry on.
    Honestly, is there a reason why you feel like you're right all the time, even if it is not your expertise? Genuinely asking, I respect you from the bottom of my heart, but i feel like you're exaggerating a lot.

starting strength coach development program
    It's not a matter of being right or wrong. It's two different approaches to human existence. The European boy is an obedient member of the collective, whose compliance is reflexive and unexamined. I am not. And that doesn't make me right or him wrong. But it makes us profoundly different. People like that are necessary to the functioning of western society, and especially eastern society, but I find it hard to admire their approach.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast